Part 39

Chapter ThirtyNine: Carter's P.O.V.- 

 I was in the down stairs kitchen playing cards with Mary Beth, Nancy, Clair, Merida, and Martha. We laughed and ate cheese cake every Thursday night. It was a tradition. 

 "So how are things with you and your fella?" Martha asked. 

 "Fantastic," I smiled "He's a really great guy." 

 "We're so happy for you, doll." Clair said. 

 "Thanks Clair." I smiled at her. 

 "Do you guys have any small boxes?" I asked 

 "Yes, there are some under the counter." Mary Beth said. 

 "GIN!" Clair called out. 

 "Clair," Nancy said "We're playing Rummy. Not Gin." 

 "Oops," Clair laughed. 

 We all laughed. 

 "So what's the box for?" Merida asked.  

 "Kaylynn's birthday present." I said. 

 "That's nice of you." Nancy said. 

 "She's been like a sister to me since I moved here. Getting her a nice present on her birthday is the LEAST I can do." I said. 

 As I pulled out a box I stole a glance at the clock. 11:30 already. 

 "I gotta get up to bed." I said. 

 "Rest well, princess." Merida said.

 I went upstairs to the apartment. Once safely inside it's four walls I locked the door and went to take a hot shower. When I got out I wrapped a towl around myself and went into my cool, dark room. I flipped on my bedside lamp. It gave a dim light in the room, but just enough for me not to trip over Ceaser. I pulled out a thin fabric, grey tee shirt and a pair of black sleep short shorts. The shirt covered over the mejority of my shorts. I climbed into my bed and began brushing my wet hair. My phone rang in my lap. 

 "Hello," I said. 

 "Hey, beautiful," Ross said. 

 "Hey Ross," I smiled even though he couldn't see me "You do know it's like almost midnight, right?" 

 "Yeah," he said "I wouldn't call if it wasn't an emergency." 

 "What is it?" I shot straight up in my bed. 

 "We can't find Rydel." he sounded frantic. 

 "Oh my gosh!" I said. 

 "Could you call her? She hasn't been answering for me... or any of us." he said.  

 "Why?" I asked. 

 "Her an I got into a fight earlier. Things were said and other things got out of control. My point is I didn't get to say I was sorry and... What if she never talks to me again?" he said. 

 "Don't stress baby," I said "I'll find her and everything will go back to normal." 

 "Call me right after you talk with her." he said. 

 "Definitely," I said. 

 "I love you," he said. 

 "I love you too." I said. 

 He hund up and I dialed Rydel's cell number. 

 "Hey, it's Rydel! Can't come to the phone right now but if you leave a name and a call back number I'll totally get back to you." her answering mechine said. 

 "Rydel," I said "It's Carter, Call me as SOON as you get this. Your family is FREAKING OUT and so am I. CALL ME! I love you, sis." I hung up and dialed Kay's number. 

 "Hello," Kaylynn answered on the first ring. 

 "Is Delly there with you?" I asked. 

 "Yeah, why?" she asked in a suspicious voice. 

 "Her family is freaking out right now." I said. 

 "Just tell them that she's over at a friends house and she's safe." she said. 

 "Fine," I said "Oh hey HAPPY SWEET SIXTEEN!!!" 

 "Thanks," she said 

 "I'll see you later," I said. 

 "Deff," she said. 

 I hung up and immediatly called Ross back and told him that she was at a friends house and she was safe and sound. 

 "I could really use a kiss right now." he sighed. 

 "Come get one." I said. 

 "Way ahead of you." he said "Open the door please." 

 I jumped off the bed and swong the front door open. 

 "Hey boo," he hugged me. 

 "Shhh!" I said "Camila's asleep."

 "Oh right," he whispered. 

 He was in his pajams. Which consisted of boxers and a white tee shirt. I pulled him down to my room. I closed my door behind me. Ross crawled onto my bed and got under the covers... as if he intended upon staying the night. 

 "Say you'll stay." I said. 

 "Nothings gonna stop me." he chuckled.