Part 38

Chapter ThirtyEight: Rydel's P.O.V.-

 I was dying inside. I knew this was going to happen. Carter still seemed oblivious to the whole situation! I thought that Ross would have told her today while they were together and that Camila, Rosie and Kaylynn had nothing to worry about. But we were TERRIBLY wrong. Ross NEEDED to tell her, and he knew that but leave it to him to be mister procrastination! I felt like he expected one of us to tell her. We didn't really feel it our place to step in. I was abruptly pulled from my thoughts when Carter annnounced that she needed to get home. 

 "I'll see you tomorrow." I hugged her. 

 "Yep," she said. 

 Ross wrapped his arm around her as they walked out. As soon as the door clicked closed behind them I broke the whole situation down for everyone. 

 "Wait, so you're telling me that Ross hasn't told her?" Dad asked. 

 "Apperently," I shrugged "I've had to lie for him twice now." 

 "He should have said something to her right after he found out." Ratliff said. 

 "Exactely!" I said. 

 "We need to have a talk with him, straight up." Riker said.

 "Give him some time." Mom said "I'm sure he's telling her right now." 

 "He probably isn't so I'm planning on having a talk with him tonight." I said. 

 "We all will," Riker said. 

 "Definitely," Rocky said "He needs to know that what he's doing isn't cool and it doesn't just effect him." 

 "Now that I agree with." Mom said "If he breaks her heart and they break up I will be very up set." 

 "Me too mom." I said. 

 "I think that goes for all of us." Ryland said. 

 "We should get home." Dad looked at his watch. 

 "I'm thinking Chinese for dinner." Mom said. 

 "Woo!" us kids said. 

 I got in my car and drove home. I couldn't believe everything that was going on. It felt like a horrible nightmare! I pulled into the driveway and went into the house. I walked up to my room and pulled out my phone to text Cam, Kay, and Rose. 

 "Omg! got the whole fam in on the ross thing. wish us luck! More deets l8er. <3 Delly." I typed. 

 "Send," I whispered to myself. 

 My stomach was tying itself into one HUGE knot. It's totally crazy the things that happen sometimes. All of us have wanted to go to England for the longest time, but Ross was slowly turning this into the mot MISERABLE experience of my life! There was a knock on my door. 

 "Who is it?" I asked. 

 "Me," Mom sstuck her head in. 

 "Mom, do you think I should just tell Carter myself?" I asked. 

 "No, hun," she said "I don't," 

 I sighed.

 "I knew Ross wasn't ready for a serious girlfriend." she said. 

 "I feel like I've lied to my sister." I leaned my head on mom's shoulder. 

 "This isn't your fight." she said "So don't beat yourself up about the things he dose or doesn't do. Cause at the end of the day it won't make you feel any better." 

 "Where did you learn all this stuff?" I asked. 

 "Motherly wisdom," she kissed my head. 

 "Ross is home." Riker said. 

 "Intervention time!" I said. 

 We walked down the stairs. Ross was sitting on the floor with everyone else sitting on the couch.

 "Rossy, honey, we have something we need to talk to you about." Mom started us off. 

 "Go ahead," he said.

 "We know you haven't told Car yet and we all think that it's about time that you did." Riker said. 

 "Are you actually doing this? Since when do you guys get to order around what I do in my relationship?" he asked. 

 "Since I've lied twice for you to keep her heart intacked. We all think it's time that you own up to this and tell her!" I said. 

 "No body said  that you had to lie for me." he stood up. 

 "I figured that you'd tell her! It only makes sence!" I stood up too. 

 "Oh so you're saying that I'm not senceable?" he asked.

 "Pretty much," I said.

 "I can't believe this." he said. 

 "No I can't believe this!" I said "You're being selfish! This isn't just about you! This is also about her! Did it EVER occure to you that thisis going to effect her too?!" I said. 

 He fell silent. 

 "That's what I thought!" I said leaving the room. 

 "Oh AND by the way if you hurt her it will be the last mistake I watch you make." I said 

 "Where are you going?" Dad asked. 

 "Out," I said flatly. 

 "What about dinner?" Mom asked." 

 "I'll pick something up." I said. 

 "Rydel," Ross said "Wait I-" 

 I slammed the door and went to my car. My plan was to go b-day shopping for Kay then head to her place to spend the night. I just couldn't go back home right now. I knew it would remind me of my rage from earlier. When I went to the mall I found a hat shop and(remembering that Kay loved hats) I bought her one. It was a Hello Kitty snapback. She was gonna freak when she saw it. I drove like a crazy person to Kaylynns house. I knocked on her door. 

 "Delly! Hey!" she smiled and gave me a hug. 

 "Can I spend the night?" I asked. 

 "Of course," she looked at me more intently "What's wrong?" 

 "Where do I begin?" I said