Part 3

Chapter Three:

 Kaylynn walked into my closet and immediately started pulling outfit ideas. I just sat on my bed letting her be the ultimate decider of  my outfit fate. About five minutes later she decided on one or two options on outfits. 

 "Here try these!" Kay said all excited. 

 "Alright." I took them out of her hands and went into my closet.

  The first outfit was a black criss-crossed back tank top, jean shorts, and black gladiator sandals. I pulled in on and went to show Kaylynn. 

 "So, Kay... What do we think?" I twirled.

 "No," she said.

 I rolled my eyes and stomped off to the closet. The next outfit had a strapless top with little pink, black, white, and mint green flowers and ruffles at the bottom, mint green skinny jeans, and black peep toe booties. I put it all on and sauntered out to show Kaylynn.  

 "So... What do we think now?" I spun.

 "Absolute perfection!" she said "This is the one!' 

 "It is perfect!" I looked back into the mirror. 

 "Hey what time is it?" I asked. 

 "5:10," she said.

 "We have twenty minutes. Here throw these in your purse would ya?" I tossed a tee shirt to Kaylynn.

 "Why?" she asked.

 "So I can get it autographed." I looked at her "You can have one of my posters."

 "Thanks." she said "Hey wanna go watch your mom get ready for the symphony?" she asked.

 "Yeah!" I jumped off my bed and ran across the hall "Mom, do you mind if we watch you get ready for the symphony?" I asked.

 "Of course not, darlings." she said "I was just about to pick out a ball gown." she said pulling a wad of dresses out of the closet. 

 "You have always looked best in red." Kaylynn said to my mom.

 "Thank you honey." mom said "Should I go with this dress or this dress?" she was holding up a red dress that had a deep v, a crystal belt under the bust and some crystals on the straps and black high neck, low back floor length gown. 

 I looked over at Kaylynn and we said at the same time "The red one."

 "I like that one too." she said.

 I hadn't noticed that she did her hair up leaving a curly strand of hair our by her face. She had also don her make-up. She unzipped the dress, stepped into it, and turned away so her back was to us. Then she removed her robe and puled the dress up the rest of the way. 

 "Carter, could you zip me up please?" she asked walking over to me. 

 "Sure Mom." I pulled  the zipper up. 

 "Thank you honey." she said as the apartment door opened and closed.

 "Your father's home, get your things and be ready to leave." 

 Kaylynn and I walked back across the hall and  into my room. She picked up her purse and the poster I had given her and went to the living room. I double checked to make sure that I had the tee shirt I wanted and my phone for pictures. Then headed to the kitchen to wait. I couldn't wait to meet Ross Shor Lynch!