Part 52

Chapter FiftyTwo: Carter's P.O.V-

Later that day, like around four, I was sitting in my room playing with Ceaser. My mind wandered off to the ever so distant memory of Ross, my blonde Adonis. He may have broken my heart just yesterday but that didn't mean we hadn't had some good times together. I thought of the first time we kissed, the first time I met his parents, the first time I went to R5 rehearsal, the first time I went to his house, the first time we shared the same bed... All of them seemed to have happened a life time ago. Was I happy that Ross and I had sort of (but not officially) broken up? No. Did I want us to get back together? Absolutely. Did I think it was going to happen? No. Yes I missed him, and yes I wished things had happened differently but they didn't so I shouldn't... Right? With a frustrated sigh I threw myself back on to my back. I rubbed my eyes and looked at the ceiling. I heard my door burst open and I saw Rosie, Rydel, and Camila.

"Hey," I said.

"Hi," they all said at once.

"What's going on?" I asked running a hand through my hair.

"We can't tell you." They said, once again in unison.

"Y'all are starting to freak me out." I said.

"Get up and come with us." Rydel said peeling me off the floor.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"We have to get you ready for tonight!" Rose said.

"Guys I don't know if I want to go." I sighed.

"YOU'RE GOING!" they all said again.

"Alright, alright," I said.

"We're gonna get you all dolled up for tonight." Cam said with a hint of our old southern accent in her voice.

"Fine," I sighed.

I did everything they said willingly, knowing that if I didn't do it of my own free will they'd make me do it anyways. I took a hot shower, washing myself clean of all the days dust and dirt. After the shower Del blow dried my hair while Camila painted my finger nails a feisty red. Rydel straightened my hair and did my makeup, being sure to give me bright red lips. Rose was throwing around outfit options. When they were all done they gave me my outfit. It was a short, black, scoop neck dress that hugged my every curve, bright red high heeled cowboy boots that went to just under my knee, and topped it all off with some bracelets from Rydel collection (she was loaning them out for the evening). When I looked in the mirror I was utterly shocked.

"I look..." words failed me.

There were footsteps then the door blew open. It was Riker, (a very injured) Rocky, Ratliff, and Ryland.

"WHOA, you look HOT!" They all said.

"This is just a glimpse of what Ross will be missing for the rest of his life." Rydel waved a hand over me.

"I'm available!" Ryland raised his hand.

"Hold your horses bro, I'm her date." Riker said.

"Yeah, but that's illegal." Rocky said.

"You have a girlfriend!" Riker said.

I put my fingers in my mouth and let out a whistle.

"No fighting, Rocky looks beat up enough already." I said.

"Ross's doing," Rocky nodded.

"WHAT?!" I yelled.

"Oh... yeah... Did I forget to mention that Ross beat me up yesterday?... Oops... Anyway it was my fault the whole thing started." He shrugged.