Part 42

Chapter FortyTwo: Carter's P.O.V.- 

 After talking with Rydel for a few hours we decided it was time we get ready to leave. I put on my shoes and grabbed my purse.

 "I'll see you later Cami." I said as Rydel and I walked out to the living room.

 "I'm coming with you." she said.

 "Yay!" Rydel said "My bestie!"

 I put my sunglasses on top of my head and laughed. I loved that Ross's sister and mine were best friends. I also loved that our parents got along. I looked at my phone. One text. It was from my cousin Kim. It said "I'm back in TX". I texted her back saying that I would see her the Monday following this one. I put  my phone in my bag.

 "Let's go girls," I said.

 "Woo!" they said together.

 We went down to the lobby and into the parking lot.

 "My car or yours?" I asked Rydel.

 "Mine," Camila said.

 "You don't have a car." I said.

 "Yes I do!" she said as she pressed the unlock button on her key ring.

 The lights of a silver 2013 BMW 128i Convertible. The top was down and you could see the red interior. 
 "Whoa!" I said "When did you get this?"

 "Yesterday," she shrugged.

 "How?" I asked "Dad was at work and so was mom."

 "They came with me on their lunch to get it." she walked over to it.

 "No wonder she's starting to wear dresses," I said "She wants to look good in her new car."

 Rydel laughed.

 "Well are you guys gonna get in or what?" Camila asked putting her snglasses over her eyes.

 I looked at Rydel and we ran to the car. I sat in the back seat and Del sat in the front. The wind blew through our hair as Cami drove. It was like we were all Cali girls. Now that we had the convertible we looked like we belonged on the streets of California. Don't get me wrong I love my Mustang(it's America's number one muscle car, how could you NOT love it) but it just doesn't belong on the streets of L.A. We had the music blasting out of the speakers as we sang along with the radio.

 "Wait a minute," I said.

 "Do we know where we're going?" I asked.

 "Four Seasons Hotel in Beverly Hills. Not only did she book the Ballroom and the orchid room but she booked the Presidential Sweet West for us to stay in for the WHOLE weekend!" Cami gushed.

 "Delly and I have plans for the spa tomorrow." I said.

 "There's a spa here. It's complimentery. Considering Kaylynn's dad would be paying for it." she said.

 "What do you think Rydel?" I asked.

 "Well if that means I'll also get to go to the spa with Cam- Cam and Kay, then heck yeah!" she saidd.

 "YAY!" Cami said. 

 The rest of the ride to the Four Seasons was pretty quiet. Besides us trying to sing off key to the radio. We pulled our car under the over hang and got out. The vallet rushed to the car and parked it under a palm tree. We walked inside and went straight for the ballroom. After looking around, for what felt like forever, we finally found the Ballroom. Just from out side of  the big white doors you could hear Kaylynn ordering around the hotel staff, telling them to put this here or there. As I pulled on one of the doors I felt two hand touch my hips. I jumped anf let out a squeek. I turned abruptly and saw it was Ross. I let out a sigh of relief and hugged him. 

 "Did I scare you?" he whispered into my ear. 

 "Slightly," I cracked a small smile. 

 "Sorry," he said. 

 "It's fine," I said. 

 We walked inside the big white doors. I let out a gasp. It was beautiful. Everything was gold! The table cloths, the chair cover, the plates, the napkins, the utensils, the dace floor! The only thing that wasn't gold was the big red rose and pink rose center pieces.

 "Oh," I said. 

 "My," Camila said. 

 "Gosh," Rydel said. 

 "Awesome, right?" Kaylynn walked up to us. 

 "Hey, happy birthday." Ross said. 

 "The place looks amazing." I said. 

 "Thanks," she said "After everybody started listening to me it all kindof fell intoplace." 

 I looked at the stage and saw Rock, Riker, Ratliff, Ryland and Mr. Lynch putting everything together for the show tonight. 

 "Need some help?" I asked them.  

 "No we got it." Riker said. 

 "Ya sure?" I asked. 

 "Yeah," Ratliff said. 

 "I gotta go lock in guitars with Rocky." Ross said kissing my cheek. 

 "Okay," I said. 

 He went up on stage. I put my arm around my stomach. 

 "Come with me." Kaylynn said. 

 "Okay," I said. 

 We went out to the Weatherly Garden and took a walk. 

Kaylynn's P.O.V.- 

 I was walking through the garden with Carter. I was my turn to try and drop some hints about the R5 England tour. I linked my arm through hers. 

 "Be honest," she said. 

 "About what?" I asked. 

 'Uh- Oh,' I thought 'She knows!' 

 "What were Ross and Rydel fighting about?" she asked. 

 'Crap,' I thought 'Now I HAVE to tell her.' 

 "Well," I said. 

 "Were they fighting about me?" she asked. 

 'CRAP! SHE KNOWS!' I yelled in my head. 

 "Not exactly but sort of." I said aprehensively. 

 She sighed. 

 "Why?" she asked. 

 'Thank goodness, she doesn't know.' 

 "I've been swarn into secrecy." I said. 

 "But come on! We're best friends." she said. 

 "The best I can do is drop hints and see if you can guess." I said. 

 "Well do it!" she said. 

 I played the air guitar.

 "Music," she said. 

 "Kind of," I said. 

 I pulled out my map app and went to England. 

 "England?" she asked confused. 

 "Ok," I said. 

 "Me touring in England?" she asked "That's never going to happen! I have stage fright. I'm only performing tonight for you." 

 Her phone buzzed. 

 "I gotta get back to the Ballroom then I have to go home and pack for tonight." she hugged me. 

 SHE WAS SO CLOSE!!!