Chapter 6

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Zeke on the side------>

Hope you are all enjoying this story! Sorry for the slow updates, I'm, once again, having boy issues. So, yeah.

ENJOY!

I LOVE YOU<VOTE<COMMENT<REPEAT!

- Hayley

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 6

Emma’s POV

I didn’t get to start until Monday, and it was currently Wednesday, so I had a few days of nothing to do while Reid worked, leaving me alone with my thoughts. That wasn’t exactly a good thing.

I walked along the boardwalk; grains of sand stuffed my flip-flops as slowly wandered. I didn’t know where I was going; I just needed to go somewhere.

I missed my family; I missed Lacey, Maggie and Zeke, even though it had been almost a year since I’d spoken to them last.

I missed Louis, El, and my baby brother. I missed Niall, and Brooklynn, and Harry and Zayn, Perrie, Liam and Dani. I missed London. I never thought I’d miss London more than I love Sydney. But If I were in a London rain storm right now, I’d dance until I couldn’t dance anymore.

I passed by a group of teens sitting on a park bench, the song ‘I’m Coming Home’ blared from one of their phones.

“Really?” I muttered to myself with an eye-roll as I continued to walk.

A stray tear slowly fell from my eye and onto the ground, and I quickly wiped it away. I had to be strong. I had to be. I didn’t have a choice anymore; I didn’t have anyone to be strong for me. I had to be a big girl. And big girls don’t cry.

I figured I may as well walk home and be depressed there, so I slowly began making my way back to the small bungalow, but I stopped when a chorus of familiar voices yelled-

“Emma!”

Louis’s POV

Dani and Perrie had taken Brooklynn and Nich back to the hotel, while we all continued searching Sydney for Emma. I was determined to find her, even if it meant searching every bit of Australia.

“I still don’t think that was necessary.” Eleanor said, crossing her arms tightly around her chest.

I shrugged and popped my knuckle. “The kid looked high to me; didn’t he look high to you, Harry?”

“So, very, very high.” Harry mumbled.

“High as kite.” Liam contributed.

“It was only fair that the cops knew.” Niall shrugged.

“And it wouldn’t have been nice to visit without leaving behind a gift!” Zayn said with a nod.

“Planting drugs in his car and calling the cops is hardly a gift.” Eleanor rolled her eyes. “And who knows what happened, Emma could have left him.”

“But don’t you think she would have come back home?”

Eleanor frowned and shook her head. “I don’t know.”

We walked along the boardwalk, trying to keep our spirits high as we looked for my missing daughter.

We passed a group of kids who were singing along to ‘I’m Coming Home.’ And Niall let out a snort.

“Maybe we should head back, it’s getting dark and-“Eleanor stopped and squinted her eyes.

“What?”

“Is that… Emma?”  She asked, pointing towards a figure walking further and further away.

My eyes widened and I took off running towards the girl. “Emma!”

Zeke’s POV

The cab stopped and I slowly got out, my stomach churning at the sight in front of me. Cop cars were everywhere, as well as at least three news vans. Calum, Ashton, and Michael stood to the side; disappointment covered their faces as Luke was placed in the back of a police car.

“What happened?” I asked. “And where is Emma?”

“They got an anonymous tip that Luke had been dealing drugs, and that his car was loaded.” Calum frowned.

I nodded. “Where is Emma?”

Ashton shrugged. “No clue, she was here about a week ago. But then we came the other day and she was gone, the house had been destroyed and Luke was drunk.”

My hand ran through my hair and I nodded, slinging my duffle bag over my shoulder.

“Thanks!”

I ran back down to the beach and began searching; approaching every girl that I thought looked like Emma. I knew her, and she wouldn’t just go back home, she sit here and soak in her guilt, she’d feel like it was all her fault and wouldn’t come back for fear that she’d be rejected.

I was just about to give up when I saw a group of people running down the boardwalk. It looked like, no. Why would they be…

I zoned in on the person they were running to and I dropped my bag.

“Emma!”