Chapter 24

Chapter 24

Emma's POV

"Hey!" I smiled, waving Zeke over to the table I was sitting at. "I went ahead and ordered for me, but I didn't know what you wanted."

"That's fine, I'm not big on coffee anyway, and their tea tastes odd."

I scrunched my brow "Then why did you want to meet here?"

"Because I know you like it." He replied simply.

I looked down, trying to hide the blush that was covering my cheeks.

"So, what did you want to talk about?"

He licked his lips and sucked in a sharp breath, before wiping nonexistent sweat from his brow.

"Look, Emma, I.. Uh, have you spoken to Maggie or Lacey since you've been home?"

I gave him a confused look before shaking my head. "No..."

"Oh, just wondering. Okay, look." He sighed again and I took a sip of my coffee, counting down the silent seconds in my head.

"I don't want to sound pushy, or anything, but I was wondering if you've thought about... us?"

I widened my eyes slightly and choked on my muffin.

"Us?" I asked.

"Yeah, remember, uh, on the plane on the way home from Sydney, you said you'd consider it..." He trailed off, running his hand through his hair.

I took another large gulp of my coffee and mentally cursed when nothing came out.

"Uh, to be honest Zeke, no. I haven't thought about us. I've been so stressed, with the baby and the TV show, and moving back that I just haven't thought about dating anyone. But, I think I'm ready to start again. So, I'll consider it."

His face lit up like a child on Christmas morning.

"Okay, okay, great." He smiled.

I looked down at my phone and excitement coursed through me, and a little bit of guilt.

"Uhm, I have to go. But I'll see you later?"

"Yeah, sounds good." He grinned, before pulling me for a hug.

I awkwardly patted his shoulder before running back to the apartment.