Chapter 16

Chapter 16

Emma’s POV

“Remember, just act natural.” I said, placing my hand on Reid’s tan shoulder.

“Natural, natural, natural.” She mumbled to herself as she bounced on the balls of her feet, her long dark hair bounced up and down on her shoulders as she did so.

“Ey!” The makeup artist, whom we learned was named Gigi, hissed at Reid. “You’re going to mess up your hair!”

“Sorry.” Reid mumbled, pulling her hand back up to her mouth and biting her nails.

We waited backstage for our cue to come, before walking out, waving our hands and smiling brightly. We sat down on the sleek leather couch and the interviewer grinned.

“Girls, girls, girls! You two are currently the talk of the town!” She said and the crowd cheered.

Reid let out a nervous laugh.

“How does it feel to be transformed into stardom overnight?” She asked Reid.

“It’s nerve racking. I mean, just two months ago I was living alone on the beach working for a surf shack.” She said, shaking her head lightly. “And now I’m living in a penthouse with my soon-to-be own show, and I’m also sleeping with Harry Styles, according to an internet rumor I have no idea who started.” She said, flipping her hair over her shoulder and crossing her legs.

I rolled my eyes and smiled at Reid, knowing for a fact that she started that rumor.

“She’s a hoot! I’m sure there is never a dull moment at your house!”

I shook my head. “Between her and the boys, no, there isn’t.”

“I hear you two have an announcement to make!”

Reid and I shared a smile. “Yes, we are actually going to be starring in our own reality show premiering next month on the fourth.” Reid said with a grin.

“The show will be called ‘Our Own Direction’, pretty clever if I do say so myself.” I said with a wink. “And it’s going to be fantastic. You’ll get a glimpse of what our crazy life is like.” I nodded.

“Will the boys be on the show?”

“Of course, at least one of them is almost always with us; they all have a key to our apartment too.” Reid laughed.

“Well, that’s all the time we have for today, be sure to tune in in the fourth to see Reid and Emma’s personal life become no so personal.”

With that, the show was over and Reid leapt from her seat and ran across the stage, before barfing in the nearest trash can.

“How will you ever survive?” I asked jokingly as I held her long dark hair above her head.

“One day at a time.”