Chapter 15

Chapter 15

Emma’s POV

Reid rubbed her neck and tilted her head to the side, a confused look played across her features.

“So, I don’t get it.” She mumbled, and I rolled my eyes.

“What do you mean you don’t get it?” I asked, throwing my hands in the air and placing a spoon in my mouth.

“I just think it’s kind of stupid, it’s a lot like peanut butter.” She shrugged, sliding off the counter.

My eyes widened. “Nutella is nothing like peanut butter!”

“You’re right; peanut butter is actually worth eating.”

My hand found its way to my heart and I collapsed off the counter, faking my death.

“It tastes better than that veggie crap you Australians eat! Your taste buds must be jacked up from all the kangaroos you guys eat.” I said as I pulled myself from the cold floor.

Reid gasped. “We do not eat kangaroos! And that ‘veggie crap’ is some of the best stuff you’ll ever eat!”

“Oh please, I’d eat my own vomit before I ate that again.” I laughed.

“Brits.” Reid mumbled, shaking her head. She plopped herself down onto the couch just as the landline started to ring.

“Thank you for calling Citimorgue, you kill ‘em we chill ‘em, how may I help you?” She answered, making me roll my eyes again.

“One moment please.” She mumbled, before putting it on speaker.

“Mr. Cowell you are on speaker, Emma is also in the room.”

I straightened my posture at the mention of Simon’s name, even though he couldn’t see me.

“Hello Emma.”

“Hello Mr. Cowell, to what do we owe the pleasure of this call?”

Simon laughed lightly on the other end of the phone and Reid scrunched her face before mouthing ‘Pleasure?’

“I need you two to come down to my office, say in about, thirty minutes? I need to discuss a few things with you before your interview tomorrow.”