Chapter 12

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

First let me apologize for not updating in FOREVER! But, I needed to take a break. I'm trying to get into a uni and it has proven to be harder than I thought. I've also been dealing with lots of health issues, and I may possibly be moving, so things just got crazy.

I'll try to update as much as possible, I have not forgotten this book, or any of you!

I love you guys!

- Hayley

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 12

Emma’s POV

I squinted my eyes and held my hand over my eyes, blocking the sun from blinding me.

“Wimp.” Harry scoffed.

I crossed my arms over my chest and quirked a brow. “It’s been proven that people with blue eyes are more sensitive to light.”

“It’s also been proven that people with green eyes are sexier.” He replied, throwing me a wink.

Reid grabbed her stomach and let out a loud laugh, making Harry slit his eyes in her direction. “No, people with brown eyes are sexier.” She said, pointing to her eyes.

Zayn and Liam held out their hands and she slapped them, before tilting her head to the side. “But that’s okay, I read somewhere that people with green eyes are dumber, which means you’d probably survive in a zombie apocalypse.”

I bit my lip to keep from laughing, but Eleanor didn’t. She slapped Harry’s shoulder and continued to giggle, until she caught his cold glare.

Flight 369 to London is now boarding.”  

“Let’s go!” Perrie said, handing her suitcase to Zayn and swaying towards the plane.

“Here.” Dani smiled, handing hers to Liam.

“Don’t you have two hands?” He asked.

“Yeah, but so do you. One hand for your bag.” She said in a childlike voice, sliding his bag into his hand. “And one for mine.” She smiled, handing him hers. She placed a kiss on his cheek before following Perrie onto the metal bird.

We finally seated ourselves, me in between Zeke and Reid. I absent mindedly picked at the fingernail polish on my nails.

“Oh my gosh.” Reid swallowed hard, gripping the seat until her knuckles turned white.

“Are you okay?” Zeke asked, scrunching his brow.

Reid’s breath picked up as she stared out the window. “Oh my goodness, I’m going to die!” She squealed.

Niall walked over and handed Reid a white pill. “Take this, you’ll be fine.” He laughed, before seating himself next to Harry.

Reid swallowed the pill dry, and in moments was asleep in her chair.

“Can I get one of those?” I muttered to myself, but Zeke heard.

“Aren’t I good company?”

I bit my lip and faced him.

“Zeke, can I ask you something without it sounding so incredibly rude?”

He shrugged. “I guess?”

“Why’d you come here?”

He let out a puff of air followed by a nervous laugh.

“Uh, well.”

I turned back and focused on the chair in front of mine. I didn’t know what I was expecting to hear, but I wanted to hear something. I felt like in a way, he owed me that much.

But then again, did he really owe me anything?

He finally let out a sigh and shifted to face me, grabbing my hand in his, forcing my blue eyes to meet his.

“Because I love you, Emma.”