Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Emma’s POV

“Welcome to my humble abode.” Reid smiled, throwing open the door.

The walls were a light green color and the floor was white tile. The couch and love seat were both white with a glass coffee table in front, and under it was a white and pink rug. There was a large TV set up in a green entertainment center and a white chair sat in the corner next to a lamp and a bookshelf. The kitchen was yellow with all white cabinets, and the dining room was the same green as the living room with a large glass table that could seat eight.

“There’s two bathrooms, this one is attached to the laundry room.” She said, opening a door inside the bathroom.”

“And the other one is in the master. You can have it; it’s got the biggest closet and a balcony. I sleep in this room.” She said, opening a door to reveal a clean room. The walls were sky blue and the floors were covered in brown carpet.

“Why don’t you sleep in the master?” I asked.

“I don’t like the balcony. It scares me.” She shrugged.

She led me into the room and I stopped at the door. There was a large bed in the center of the room covered in a multicolored duvet. The walls were yellow and the carpet was brown. There was a TV, a couch, a large close and a large bathroom with a Jacuzzi. To the left there was two large glass windows and between them sat the glass door, which lead out to the balcony, giving the perfect view of a small lagoon.

“This is so perfect. Thank you so, so, so much Reid.” I smiled, hugging her tightly.

“Now, there are some rules. You aren’t allowed to bring people home without telling me first. I don’t allow alcohol in the house, or drugs. No smoking, and just clean up after yourself.” She nodded, as if counting off the rules in her head.

“Oh, and don’t eat my tomatoes.”

I nodded slowly. “Once I get a job I’ll help pay rent and stuff.”

I jogged over to my bag and pulled out a couple hundreds, handing them to her. “I took this from Luke’s office. It’ll be my first rent payment.”

She smiled and took the money. “This has you covered for like, three months.” She laughed. “Get some sleep. You’ve had a long day. Tomorrow, we job hunt!”

I nodded as she shut the door and I took in the room once more, before flopping onto the bed and placing my hand on my stomach, rubbing it slowly.

“Goodnight, baby.”