Chapter 20

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys, sorry for taking so long to update. I've had so many medical issues and getting ready for Uni this fall, it's just a lot.

Please don't forget to VOTE and COMMENT and share this story with your friends!!(:

I'll update two or three times tonight, so  get ready!!

Chapter 20

Emma's POV

"Miss it, miss it, miss it!" Louis yelled as Harry moved his head to catch the cheese puff that was currently flying from Niall's hand.

"Looouuiiss!" Harry whined when the puff bounced off his nose.

Louis made a kissy face towards Harry who rolled his eyes but replied the same way.

"Hey." I said, sitting next to Zayn and nudging his shoulder. "You okay?" I asked, earning the attention from the rest of the group.

Zayn let out a sigh and ran his hand over his face.

"Are you regretting shaving your hair? I told you, all the sexiness you have is in your eyes, and hair and you just lost-"Reid's eyes caught with Perrie's and she pursed her lips before taking a large drink of tea.

Perrie nudged Zayn and he gave her look before standing up and walking towards the TV and turning it off.

"I've got something to say...." He trailed off.

We all shifted to face him, no one ate, no one drank, I'm not even sure anyone was breathing as we waited for Zayn's announcement.

"Please say Perrie's pregnant." Eleanor whispered, crossing her fingers.

Zayn let out another sigh before blurting out the words no one ever expected to hear.

"I'm leaving One Direction."

My eyes widened.

Reid spit her tea onto the white carpet.

Eleanor choked.

Perrie looked satisfied.

Dani dropped her pizza.

And the boys all let out a chorus of yells.

"What do you mean you're leaving?"

"Is this some type of cruel joke?"

"You can't leave the band!"

"But, we're a family!"

"I know, I know!" Zayn yelled, holding his hands up. "I know." He whispered.

His eyes scanned the room for a moment before he looked down sadly.

"I think we're going to head out." He said. Perrie stood to her feet and gave a quick hug to Eleanor and Danielle, before swaying out of the apartment, Zayn following close behind.

We all sat there silently for a moment, wondering what our next move would be.

Zayn couldn't leave One Direction, without him there wouldn't be a band! It was five brothers; he helped create the band for God's sake! He was The Bradford Bad Boy. He was Zayn Malik. He was one fifth of One Direction.

"Well, I can honestly say I didn't see that one coming." Harry said, leaning his head back on the couch.

"I know." Reid scoffed. "First the hair, and now this?"

"What are y-" My sentence was cut off by me standing quickly to my feet.

"Holy cow!" I yelled.

"What, what's wrong?" Louis asked, suddenly by my side.

"The, the, the baby." I stuttered, a goofy grin crossing my face.

"What's wrong with the baby?" Liam asked, appearing on my other side.

"The baby just moved." I smiled, placing both of their hands on my stomach.

Grins covered their faces and tears formed in Louis's eyes.

"Let Aunt Reid feel!" Reid coed, standing to her feet and shuffling towards us.

"Louis, I just realized something." Harry laughed.

"What, Haz?"

"In about four months you're going to be a grandpa." He laughed, holding his stomach tightly.

"Oh shut up."

I smiled lightly at the scene in front of me. The night had gone from good, to bad, to good again in a matter of minutes.

While it was the end of an era, and one of the best boy bands was losing a brother, it was also a beginning of a new one. A new life.

A new story.

And I honestly didn't think anything could ruin this one.