Chapter 26

~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks to everyone who replied to my announcement! I already have some videos made in response, and I'll post one with the next update!

Hope you enjoy this!

Keep in mind, this is the last book, no more Emma Grace Tomlinson after this! And also keep in mind, that this book has to end eventually....

My friend wants to know how many of you read 1D smut. (I think that's dirty fanfic's, tbh I'm not sure, I don't have time to read fanfics anymore, Uni has taken all my spare time) So pllleeeaaassseee comment and tell me how many of you are interested in that.

Okie Dokie!

Here we go!

Don't forget to Comment, Vote, and Repeat!

Also, follow me on Instagram!

Hayley_Oberg

And follow me on Tumblr

Writergirl273

Love you guys!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 26

Louis's POV

My knee bounced up and down and my hands repeatedly ran through my messy hair. I'd gotten to the ER at 3:30 and it was now 8:00. Five hours. Five hours since I've heard anything about Emma. Five hours we'd all been sitting here, waiting on some news. Five hours and we've heard nothing.

My eyes racked the room, in search of something to lift my spirits. Niall was pacing the room, his hair just as messy as mine, his eyes were bloodshot. He was still in his pajamas, and barefoot. Luckily he'd stopped sleeping in his underwear.

Reid was also still in her pajamas. A pair of yoga shorts and... was that Harry's shirt? Maybe it got mixed up in Harry's things...

Reid was giving Harry looks that could kill, and he was ignoring her by flirting with random nurses.

Liam was handling the crowds of media that had gathered around the door, while Dani and El took Nich to preschool and were hopefully bringing us all some food.

A doctor appeared in the room, and we all stood, only for him to call out for a Maki Long's family.

I sat back down, completely defeated. My daughter was in there, and I had no way of knowing what the heck was happing to her.

I opened my mouth to express my complaints, when a nurse ran into the waiting room, completely out of breath.

"Emma Tomlinson's family?"

We all jumped to our feet and surrounded the poor girl, making her freak out even more.

"Uh, Miss. Tomlinson is going into premature labor, we've tried to stop it, but uh, we can't. Uh, the only thing, is uh, if she pushes we could lose them both, because uh, she technically isn't supposed to be able to have kids, uh, her doctor in Australia told her this I believe, uh, her uterus is-" Harry scrunched his face and held up his hand.

"Can we just skip that part and you tell us what's happing?"

"Oh, uh, sure, uh." The nurse stuttered, blushing heavily under all of gazes. "Basically what I'm saying is we can try to push, and risk saving the baby or we can do a C-section and risk losing her."

We all stood there silently, not knowing what to do.

Reid cleared her throat, looking to me. As if it was my decision. I had to risk it. I could risk the baby's life. My first grandchild. Or my daughter.

It seemed like hours went by, that I just stood there, waiting for the moment when I jerked myself awake, waiting for the realization that this was all just a dream.

"Who is her emergency contact?" Reid asked, waking me from my trance.

"Uh, a Miss. Reid Stewart." The nurse stuttered again.

Reid nodded, biting her lip. "Do the C-section."

"What?" I yelled, my eyes wide. I could feel my face growing red with anger. She was going to risk Emma's life, to save a baby? Someone she's never even met?

"No, push." I demanded.

"You don't get to make that decision." Reid yelled back, pointing a finger in my face.

"I'm her legal guardian!" I roared back.

"She's an adult, you're opinion doesn't matter anymore!" Reid shouted.

I shrank back, blinking repeatedly. I didn't know what to do.

Reid closed her eyes and sucked in a breath before turning back to the nurse.

"Do the C-section. And I want to be in there when it happens."

"Okay, we'll start prepping now, follow me." The nurse nodded, before wondering back down the hall.

Reid turned to face me, her frown reflected in her eyes as they slowly began to well with tears.

"Louis, this is what Emma would want. She'd want to give the baby its best chance. Even if that meant her..." She sucked in another breath. Nobody wanted to think about the fact that Emma could die.

"Emma knew this was a risk back in Australia. She knew all along. This is what we have to do. This is the right choice, no matter how hard it is." Reid nodded to herself, before giving one last sad look around the room and following the nurse down the hall.

I sat back down in the hard chair and covered my face with my hands and let my tears fall freely as I tried to cope with the fact that I may never get to see my daughter again.