38 | I love you

Ally~

Ally~

I sat at the back of the car, impatiently waiting to get to the airport. It's like a twenty to thirty minute drive.

The box remained by my side the whole time. I decided to just open it now, to keep myself occupied.

My eyes widened in awe, as I took the contents out of it. There's a certificate, a map, as well as a stuff toy and note. My hands began shaking while checking out the certificate.

Jay bought me a star- no, a constellation.

On the map, it shows where it's located and the registry number. It's also named after me.

I chose to read the note, even though I'm still unsure if I'm emotionally prepared to do so.

Hey, B ♥️

My lovely birthday girl<3 Hopefully you like this gift I prepared for you! I've been working my ass off, because I wanted to surprise you. I know I could have just bought one, but my girl deserves way more than that! If I could, I would even buy you the whole universe. By now, we're probably dating... right??? I'll be good to you, I promise.

Remember during seventh grade band camp? I promised to buy you a star while we were on that tractor. It was a cold night, but I remembered it so vividly. It was the first time my heart beat for you.

I know this whole note sounds so cheesy, but I've always been corny so I don't mind! Thanks for making me a better person.

- Yours forever, Jay

ps. press the button on that bear
whenever you miss me;)

My chest felt so heavy. I have tears flowing down my whole face, and I have so much mixed emotions.

I took the bear and pressed the button, like he suggested.

"I love you." Jay's voice came out so softly.

"I love you too..." I mumbled. "And I miss you already."

Regret comes at the end. If I miss my chance now, I'll regret it for the rest of my life. I want to be with him so badly. I don't want anyone else but him.

"Hold onto your seatbelt." His mom gave me a notice. She most likely saw me shamelessly bawling at the back.

Once we got to the airport, I ran inside while holding the teddy bear- giving absolutely zero fucks if I'm injured or still in my pyjamas. I forgot the pain, I just want to see him.

"Jay!" I screamed once I finally caught a glimpse of him.

He stared at me in confusion, but I put all my thoughts aside and just jumped into his arms. My home.

"You're hurt." Jay saw my legs and the bruises, showing signs of concern. I told him it's nothing.

"Why didn't you tell me? That's so cruel," I cupped his face with my hands. "You were just gonna leave me without notice?"

"I'm sorry... I thought you didn't want to see me," he finally saw the bear and smiled. "I see you've finally met my friend there."

"I have," I locked eyes with him, just savouring the moment. "And I saw the note too."

"I threw all those away... my mom really..." he scratched his neck.

"I'm glad she did, because now I get to tell you everything I want to say." I pulled him closer and kissed him deeply.

I love you.

I repeated this in my head many times. Maybe back then it was childish feelings, but now this is very real.

"I love you so much," I muttered in between our lips. "I'm not telling you to stay. In fact, I want you to go and reach your dreams. I'll be waiting for you."

"I love you too, you already know that." He kissed me once again before the last call for departure came.

"I'll call you later."

"Same here," he waved his arms. "I love you one million times- infinity!"

No goodbyes, absolutely none.

___________________________

🌟

Song: Jason Chen — Best Friend

(Lyrics: "I fell in love with my best friend")

P.S + I purposely made the star light up hehe 💗