26 | different

Jay~

Jay~

It was damn awkward after I confessed.

However, I'm extremely relieved. I feel like a weight has been lifted off my chest and I can finally be myself around her- no more being suspicious.

"Uhh... I can sleep on the couch if you don't feel comfortable being beside me anymore." I rubbed the back of my neck, while grabbing another blanket.

"Oh, uhm- maybe I should sleep on the couch! You still have a slight fever... you should get some good rest. I don't feel uncomfortable around you, don't worry." Ally assured me, but she still seemed really fidgety.

"Don't be nervous... it's just me." I smiled and so did she. What I said seemed to have put her at ease. At the end, I chose the sofa instead- other than it being awkward, I don't want her to get sick as well.

"Goodnight." She mumbled and I replied the same thing as well.

I closed my eyes and began to try falling asleep, but I just couldn't... I can't stop thinking of earlier. I can't stop thinking of Ally- especially now that she's within my reach. I just want to hug her from behind.

I turned my head towards the bed, and noticed that she already fell asleep. It's been a long day for her, and to see her rest so peacefully is very relieving.

Earlier... I've never felt that way before. I've kissed many girls in my life, but the emotions running through me when it was her- it was different. Maybe because we've known each other almost our whole lives? Or have I really been hit that hard?

What are you doing to me, Ally?

___________________________

Ally~

"All of that happened in one day?" Jozy's eyes grew wide while I explained to her and Jenna what happened. We recently just checked into our hotel rooms, and I get to share with them for three nights.

"Which kiss did you like better? Jake or Jay's?" Jenna giggled and I suddenly felt lightheaded. How can I say anything when Jozy's close with Jake? "Be honest."

I stayed silent for awhile, thinking of what to do. Do I tell them the truth or...

"It's Jay," Jozy grinned. "It's so obvious that you still like him."

"What?!" I screamed and turned my back against them. "Okay, yes I admit that I enjoyed his better... but I don't like him that way anymore."

"Liar! You're conducting perjury." Jenna joked around and I just rolled my eyes in annoyance.

"You can't fool future law students, Ms. I loved Jay for twelve years but suddenly a guy showed interest in me so I immediately thought he was the one, but then my bff admitted he has feelings for me and now I'm confused as hell." Jozy pouted and I just looked at her, feeling offended... because she's absolutely correct.

"What do I do?" I fell back on the bed and covered my face with a pillow. I'm so embarrassed right now.

"Move on from Jake and maybe give Jay a chance." Jenna answered and I just sighed... but Jake and I took a break. It's not like we completely broke up. It's just like a cool off.

"I agree with her. Also, don't feel obligated to me- I'm his close friend, but I don't have anything to do with his affairs. If you leave him, it doesn't concern me. I know you value my opinion." Jozy reassured me, and I felt instant relief.

We finally went down for dinner, and met our other classmates there. Jay came down in his pyjamas, and the others just laughed. He's so ready to just sleep.

"Hey." He sat beside me, and I swear my heart rate went up.

"Hi," I tried to avoid his gaze, so I attempted to focused in front of me... but it's Jozy making weird faces. She's making it so obvious. "Let's go get food now."

Since it's a buffet, I didn't even hesitate and just took everything that I wanted. The menu for today is Japanese food, which is one of my favourites.

"Last one." Jay and I stared at the last piece of tempura. We each have three on our plate, so picking between will be very difficult.

"You can have it." He grabbed something else instead, and I just stood there in a state shock. He never gives up food for me? This is the first time, and it's completely sending me chills.

One of the chefs suddenly asked me to be careful, then placed down a whole bunch of newly cooked tempura onto the rack. I was so dumbfounded.

I grabbed a few more and came back to my table, dropping them onto Jay's plate. He just stared at me in confusion.

"They made new ones." I let him know, and he just began to giggle.

"Thanks, B." He gave me a finger heart and I gagged.

"Stop flattering yourself," I stuck my tongue out. "And what do you mean... B?"

"Secret." Jay winked and continued devouring his food, unbothered.

___________________________

Hope everyone's having a great day today! Smile:)

⭐️

Song: SURL () — The Lights Behind You

(LYRICS: he's stuck in a small room, and thinks he's hallucinating because someone is knocking from the other side of the wall and he wants to break it to get to her)