11 | library

Ally~

Ally~

It's currently exam week and Jake has invited me to come study with him at the library. Of course I said yes!

"Where are you going?" Jay asked while we walked quickly down the corridors. He's usually hanging out with his girlfriend, so I'm surprised he even has the time to talk to me.

"To the library." I held up my textbook and waved it to his face.

"Since when did you study?" Jay snorted and I hit his back with my palm.

"Do you have a death wish?" I eyed him down and he looked away. "Did you forget that I was always ranked one in high school? It's you who doesn't study."

"Can I join then? If you're really studying for exams and not studying Jake, then I should be able to join." He got me there, not gonna lie. Okay... maybe I do want some quality time with him. What moves can I make during exam week though? Jake is super focused on his studies.

"Sure, but be quiet. I don't wanna annoy him," I rolled my eyes and Jay followed behind me. "Where's your girlfriend?"

"Magazine shoot." He quickly answered. This boy probably knows her whole schedule now by heart.

"Isn't Elle's mom her manager? Does she know that you two are dating?" My bag suddenly began to feel heavy, so I adjusted the straps to my liking.

"No way! If her mom finds out that she's dating, it's over for the two of us. She's like crazy strict." He shivered at the thought.

Once we arrived at the library, Jake waved his arm so that I could walk over to his table. He seemed quite confused by Jay's presence, but quickly ignored it.

"I'm Jake Sim." He greeted him and they shook hands.

"Jay Park. Nice to meet you!" He smiled, and I just cringed. It's weird seeing him be all nice and welcoming.

___________________________

Jay~

Ally and Jake both seemed very focused on their studies, but I did catch a few glaces here and there. Being together seems to put them in a good mood.

I tried memorizing some of the terms for law class, but I swear my head is about to explode. The workload is crazy, and to get a great grasp on it you have to read over and over again.

I actually wasn't planning on going into political science, but I didn't really have a direction after high school so I just followed Ally. I thought it would be easy since I'm good with words, but it's definitely much more complex. I mean it goes for every course, but still... there's definitely way easier courses than this.

"I'm going to the cafeteria, wanna come?" I asked Ally, but she glanced at Jake before giving me an answer.

"No thanks." She quietly replied.

I rolled my eyes and stood up to go take a breather. I think we've only been there for thirty minutes, but I feel so suffocated already. Not because of studying, but because Jake was there. I mean, I totally have nothing against him...

I was staring at the cafeteria menu and didn't realize I already zoned out, until the lunch lady made a sound and I got startled. I finally made my order and ate by myself in silence.

It feels quite empty being alone.

I usually have Ally joining me, but now she's all grown up... I mean, I can't keep her to myself forever. We're both maturing and going on with our lives, meeting new people, possibly finding our future partners.

Maybe if I liked her before, then I could have kept her to myself until...

No, I'm not saying I like her now. I'm just saying... what exactly am I saying? Nope, I'm just confused because I'm lonely. I have a girlfriend and I shouldn't be thinking like this. I guess I just feel like Jake's taking away my best friend.

I'm not angry that she never became mine. I'm just jealous that she might become someone else's best friend, and I'll be left astray.

I'm selfish, I know.

I shouldn't ruin a relationship that seems to already be going so well. Not that I'm planning to.

___________________________

I hope you're liking the story so far! I know it's more of a slower paced plot than my other works hehe

⭐️

Song: Colde (콜드) — Don't Leave Me, My Love ( 곁에서 떠나가지 말아요)

(LYRICS: how he feels lonely without her, and that he doesn't want her to leave. He talks about what he's going to do when she actually ends up leaving)