23 | warmth

Ally~

Ally~

Another day at university.

Today, our professor gave us the chance to make up our own scripts and our group chose one that re-enacts a murder trial. Scenario depicts that the victim drowned, and it's our job to come up with a conclusion whether it was an accident or intentional.

We looked at some similar case studies to ours, and began practicing our ass offs and coming up with ways to get to our conclusion. Of course, we made it work so that our defendant was wrongly accused.

"I'm tired." Jay laid his head on my shoulders, while his eyes began to slowly flutter close.

"We still have twenty minutes left of class." I patted his arm but he wouldn't budge. I suddenly felt something off with him, so I placed the back of my palm onto his forehead.

Jay has a fever... his temperature is crazy high right now.

"What happened?" Jozy came up to me and grew concerned because of my facial expressions. I let her check him, and she also agreed that he's sick. We told the team and the professor, and he allowed us to just let Jay sit out.

"How am I gonna get him home?" I busted a braincell trying to come up with something. I can't bother Jake, since he's at the hospital. I can't drive either, even if Jay gives me the keys.

"I'll drop you two home." Sunghoon offered and I literally sighed in relief.

Jay woke up but he was so sick, to the point where he could barely walk. I would bring him to the hospital, but I know they'll just make us wait for hours. Instead, Sunghoon helped me carry Jay towards the car.

"Thank you so much! I wouldn't know what to do without you." I thanked him while looking to see Jay dead asleep in the back.

"Don't worry about it, it'd be bad if you get sick too. We'd lose two people from our team." He replied and I totally agreed.

The ride felt longer than usual, probably because I wanted him home so badly so that he could immediately just rest. Once we got there, Sunghoon helped me get him inside. Jay's mom and I both showed our gratitude towards him before he left.

"Why is he suddenly sick? He doesn't even do anything." His mom shook her head and grabbed a bucket with some ice water, mixed with rubbing alcohol. I took a small towel and began damping him with it. It should lower down his temperature.

"Jay works extra hard because he doesn't want to get left behind. Our group right now is filled with very competent people, and he's been feeling insecure." I told her what Jay mentioned to me.

"That's surprising? He's not the type to care much about school... what's up with him? Maybe he likes someone in your batch," She stared at me quickly before looking away. "I'm proud of him though."

"Oh... maybe?" I glanced at him for a second.

"How's it going with you and your boyfriend?" She tucked Jay in before we left to go make some soup in the kitchen.

"It's going quite well. Just haven't seen him in a while because of how busy university is... hopefully we can hang out soon." I answered.

"That's great! It's important to make some time for each other. I'm waiting for the day Jay gets serious," she shook her head. "Once he becomes head over heals for someone, it's gonna be insane."

"I agree," I laughed with her. "I actually thought him and his previous girlfriend would last. They seemed really compatible, and their relationship was very healthy. I still don't understand what went wrong. His reasoning didn't seem so sincere either."

"I thought so too, but things happen for a reason." She patted my back.

After we finished cooking the soup, I took it upstairs to Jay- he's still shivering under the sheets. Bad timing, really.

"Let's eat now so you can take your meds." I sat him up and he just stared at me in confusion. I fed him like a baby, but he still had troubles swallowing. Poor guy.

"Thanks... but you should go home and study," he mumbled under his breath. "I can take care of myself. Mom's here as well."

"I know, but I want to take care of you." I gave him another spoonful of clam chowder soup, and he blushed. He's just sick... that's why his cheeks are so red.

Yeah, that's totally it.

___________________________

Poor Jay :(

⭐️

Song: Airman (공기남) — Inception (인셉션)

(LYRICS: being afraid of how a relationship can turn out if one acts a certain way. Being more cautious and regretful after losing that person)