39 - D I N N E R

A/N - can I just ask if the chapter names make you guys nervous? For me, whenever the chapter title is worrying, it scares me, is it just me? Anyways, here's the chapter!

Noelle's P.O.V

Today I'm having dinner with my father. 

I'm running around my walk-in closet like headless chicken, in only my underwear. 

It sounds so weird saying it out loud. Michael is my biological father. Never in a million years did I think I would be reuniting with my real parents, and truth be told, I never really wanted to. I was, and still am, so happy with the life I've been given. I have two incredible people who I have the privilege to call mother and father, Nathaniel and Lilah. Though not by blood, they are my family, and I'm blessed to have them, so the thought of meeting my real parents never crossed my mind. I didn't feel the need to see them. Sure, it would be cool, but it wasn't something I yearned for. 

After the whole situation involving Iris, I didn't think meeting Michael would be the most pleasant thing in the world, but I was proved wrong. He genuinely cares about me, and understands my feelings, unlike Iris, who did not consider how I may have felt about the whole ordeal, and called me selfish for wanting to stay with my true family. I want to meet her again, hopefully once she understands her wrongs, like how Michael did.

The news from yesterday still hasn't sunk in. 

!Trigger warning!

Easton was raped. That vile woman gave him drugs against his will, without him even knowing, causing him to sleep with her. For what? Just so she could be queen? Just so she could take a spot that was never hers? Just for the power? It shocks me, how selfish people are these days, and how people would practically do anything for money and power. 

Putting someone under the influence, using drugs, which is even worse than alcohol, and having sex with them is still classified as raping them. Sure, Easton never said no, but he wasn't aware of what was happening, no body would be. 

It breaks my heart just to think about, and I know it hurts Easton too, even though he didn't seem upset about it. I can read Easton like a book. He wanted to remain strong for everyone around him by not showing his emotions, but I want him to know he can be vulnerable around me. We can both be vulnerable together. 

We had a long conversation about it this morning, and everything's been better since. I comforted him and made him understand that it wasn't his fault. It's never the victims fault

"Baby! Are you ready?", speaking of the devil, I hear his masculine voice call out from the bedroom, whilst I'm in my walk-in closet, getting ready for dinner. I still haven't decided on what to wear, too busy thinking about what occurred yesterday. He walks in and gives me a surprised look when he sees the floor covered in clothes. 

"Help", I give him a pleading look and he laughs hysterically at me.

"Elle, it's dinner with your dad, not the f*cking Queen of England", he teases and I through a random piece of clothing at him playfully.

Only to find out I had thrown my lace red bra right at him face. 

Come on, out of all the clothes on the floor, it just had to be my underwear?

"Woah, doll, are you planning on postponing dinner?", he asked flirtatiously, making me groan in frustration, but also let out a little giggle. 

"No sir, now can you please help me pick something to wear?", I ask, pouting slightly to persuade him.