14 - F E E L I N G S

Axel was yapping In Easton's mind, overjoyed at the fact that his beloved is finally awake. Her eyes were more beautiful than he remembered, it looked like liquid gold. Although she's in pain, she gave him a big grin, making Easton's heart melt. The four men, noticing this exchange, reluctantly chose to leave the room to give the two privacy. 

Easton, still in a trance, made his way towards the bed, slowly but surely. Noelle let out a cute sound of excitement, her mate coming closer and closer to her. Once he was close enough, with all her might and energy, she jumped into his arms, the tubes still attached to her body, so she was careful to make sure they didn't rip. He chuckled and held her even closer to his, nuzzling his nose into her fur, her scent giving him a sense of serenity. He took a seat on the bed, and cuddled her close to him, her little frame on top of his chest as they basked in each others embrace. Her paws were resting on his navy blue sweatshirt and her tail was swaying in the air. 

He pulled away from her fur to look her in the eyes. They stared at one another, just appreciating the other's comfort. 

"I've missed you so much, more than words can describe", he whispered as he scratched the back of her neck. 

"I missed you more!", she yells back in her mind.

Noelle didn't expect Easton to be this handsome. His midnight black hair, mesmerising grey eyes, and sharp, clean shaven jawline that could cut you like a knife. She could easily recognise those eyes, they fascinated her since she'd never seen anyone with such rare coloured eyes. He had grown so much. His height and muscles scared her at first, she didn't remember Easton being this tall or lean, but seeing him now, he just reminds her of a teddy bear. She also noticed a certain tattoo on his chest, near his heart. 

'Noelle', it read, with an image of a small fox beside it. Her heart swelled, he got a tattoo of her name. It stood out amongst the others the scattered all over his body, definitely the most beautiful one.

Her thoughts were interrupted by the sound of her stomach rumbling. Easton's eyes softened as he frowned down at her. She tilted her head to the side, silently asking him what's wrong. He didn't know how, but he instantly understood her. 

"You're hungry", he whispered solemnly, to which she let out a little laugh. 

(Yes, foxes laugh, you can google it if you want)  

"Why would being hungry make him sad?", Noelle asked Crimson. 

"I'm not sure", she answered. 

"You weren't fed over there, were you?", he asked sadly, dreading the possible answer, though in his mind, he already knew the response. Why else would she be so skinny and small?

Noelle now understood why he was upset, and the fox put her head down, hiding in his chest, embarrassed. What if he thinks I'm too skinny and ugly, she asked herself. Easton took her silence as a 'no', causing him to frown even more. 

"I'm so sorry, love, I wish I found you sooner. I failed you", he spoke in a regretful tone, causing her head to whip back up, and look at him sadly. 

"Don't blame yourself! I'm here now, and that's all that matters", she said, although she knows he won't hear her. 

"I'll call the doctor, so we can get these things off of you", he said, referring to the machines she was hooked up to, mind linking to immediately come to the room. Once he arrived, Easton asked if he could get rid of the tubes. 

"I'll have to check over her health first, to see if she's well enough to leave", he said and Easton nodded, slightly irritated that he couldn't just take her out of here.