20 - Y O U N G

The clock had just truck 10 in the morning as Michael and Iris made their way towards the gated region of the Kingdom. Guards surrounded the vast, modern building that towered over the couple. It was nothing like the castle back at Araceli. This one was beautiful. They found themselves wondering how their daughter, a fox, ended up living in the castle of the largest and most powerful Kingdom in all of Europe. 

They reached the front gates, the guards staring at the two up and down suspiciously. 

"We need to speak with Noelle Brie Winters", Iris spoke after a minute of silence. 

The two guards looked at each other in shock. No one but the residents of the castle, also including maids, butlers and guards, knew about Noelle's reappearance. No body else is aware of this, so how did these strangers know? 

"Who are you?", one asked gruffly, a scowl evident on his face.

"We're her biological parents, we'll even get a DNA test done so we can prove it", Michael revealed, trying to make the guards believe him. 

Again, the guards shared a long look, as if they were silently having a conversation with their eyes. Iris played with her fingers as she anxiously looked up at them. 

The other guards turned around, pulling out his phone from his pocket to call the king. 

Meanwhile, Easton and Noelle were peacefully laying in bed together when the ring of a phone disturbed their slumber. Noelle jumped in shock at the loud sound, as too much noise always made her anxious. Easton groaned in annoyance, pulling the fox closer to him and answering the phone. 

"This better be important", he spoke in a voice deeper than usual. It wasn't soft and gentle, the voice she was used to hearing. It kind of shocker her at first, but also made her heart flutter. She peeked her head out of his neck to see him, but he pushed her head back in it's original place gently, wanting her to go back to sleep since her sleep had already been ruined once by her nightmare. 

"There's a couple here claiming to be Noelle's biological parents, what do we do?", the guard spoke quietly, causing Easton to sit up quickly, earning a squeal from Noelle who held onto his neck even tighter with her little paws. He whispered a low 'sorry' and held her even closer as he rested against the head board. 

"Bring them inside, I'm feeling nice today. I want a DNA test done as soon as possible. Do not mention this to anyone. Once I get the results, I'll deal with them", he explained the plan and the guard answered with a 'yes king', and hung up the phone. 

As soon as Easton put the phone down again, Noelle looked at him in the eye with a puzzled expression. He got her silent message and sighed. 

"No need to worry your pretty little head", he spoke in his usual soft voice. She let out a whimper, not pleased with his answer. 

"I'll tell you soon, okay doll? We need to visit the doctor today to get you checked", he spoke calmly, and she nodded her head obediently.  

At the doctor's room:

Easton's P.O.V

Noelle has to get regular check ups at the doctor's to make sure her health is on track. For the last few days, I've been making sure my little fox eats, rests and I've been giving her the medication that the doctor gave to us. I've been following every rule to make sure she heals as quick as possible. 

I'm dying to meet her in her human form. I don't know how much longer I can wait. I want to mark her so bad, knowing that if I marked her, healing would have been so much easier.