8 - R E U N I O N

A/N- I'm so sorry for not uploading a new chapter yesterday! I was super busy since my family came over, and it was the first time we've seen them all since the beginning of lock down. Hopefully this chapter makes up for it!

She ran.

Ran more than her little, glass-like legs could carry. Despite the fact that her body was painted in bruises and scars, and that her body felt as though it would shatter and collapse at any second, she refused to give up. Noelle was a fighter, and she would continue to fight until her last breathe. She was never going to allow her life to be taken away against her will, and now that she's found a way out, she will never go back. She may look small and defenceless, innocent and weak, but she is fearless. She had never felt more free, yet so trapped, in all her life. She could see the escape, but she could also see her death. She could hear the sound of growls from behind her, numerous wolves all running after her helpless self. 

Hide behind that tree, I'll take over, Crimson ordered, and Noelle obliged. 

She hid behind the large oak tree, and immediately shifted into her fox form. She hadn't shifted since the age of 16, so this was all new to her, but she wasn't going to stop. She found running on 4 legs a little strange and difficult. 

The growls and grunts intensified, indicating that there were even more wolves following her. 

There's too many, Crimson! Noelle cried.

I don't know if I can go for longer, Crimson grunted breathlessly, attempting to run even faster.

Use our powers! Noelle ordered.

Crimson tried. 

She tried and tried again. 

But she was too weak, too exhausted, too broken to use any of her gifted powers. 

She felt her vision turn blurry, black dots appearing every few seconds. 

Don't give up! We can't go back!

I, I can't-

That was the last thing Noelle heard, before she felt her fox collapse onto the floor, and she too blacked out with her. 

Meanwhile, back at the 'alpha's' pack:

From the distance, the alpha and his closest men noticed a large black car approaching, meaning that the King has arrived. His palms grew sweaty and clammy, and his men also started feeling uneasy, but put on a brave front, not wanting to give anything away. 

"I'll do all the talking, boys", the alpha stated, and the rest sighed in relief. "Go find that b*tch and keep her as far away from the pack house without going into someone else's territory", he ordered, his face paling as the car arrived near the front door. 

They saw Count Alexander exit first, fixing his blazer. After him, Victor and his son Theodore. Then finally, King Easton. Alpha coughed nervously as the came face-to-face. 

"King Easton, a pleasure to meet you", he choked out anxiously, to which a response wasn't given. Instead, Easton gave him a look of pure disgust and hatred. If looks could kill, the alpha would be 6 feet under the ground, beneath Easton's feet. 

"Robinson", he finally acknowledged, walking past him and entering the house, followed by his father, Victor and Theodore. He saw the maids all scrambling to get their work down, but all had the decency and respect to bow to the King of all vampires. Alpha Robinson gulped as he walked a few steps behind him.