5 - A L E X A N D E R

Inside the white Range Rover sat an anxious Nathaniel. Don't be mistaken, he's definitely attended balls like these in the past, but has never enjoyed it. It's always full of superficial people who only care about their appearance, they probably don't donate any of their money to charity, and if they do, it's most likely a small amount. 

Count Vladimir is one of the many counts living in Europe. He's a good friend of Alexander, they go way back, but haven't seen each other in years. He's got a huge abundance of land and soldiers, which will benefit the kingdom of Highlands greatly. Not to mention, there will be a war happening soon, so Highland will take any allies that they can get. 

"We've arrived, Sir Spade", the driver announces and Nathaniel mutters a small 'thank you'. Existing the car, he fixes his suit jacket and straightening it out. His bodyguards surround him, dressed in all black, as they make their way inside. 

They're greeted with the loud sound of music, as well as men and women all making conversation with one another. Some are seated, some are standing. The food and drinks table is surrounded by children, who look to be drinking soda and scoffing down cookies. Nathaniel frowns at the sight, his little Noelle instantly coming to mind. He remembered how she'd always be the last to pick up a tray of food, wanting everyone else to have their desired amount first. She would stand at the back of the line, patiently, with a cute smile stuck of her face. His heart lurches at the memory, feeling tears prickling in the corner of his eyes, but he pushes them away when Vladimir enters his sight. His almost white hair and beard are easy to recognise.

"Ah, Nathaniel Spade, a pleasure as always", he introduces, holding an arm out for Nathaniel to shake, in which he hesitantly takes it. 

"Vladimir, the pleasure is all mine", he responds with a slight smile. 

"May I ask where Count Alexander, or the King are?", he asks while searching for them, his eyes wandering around the castle. 

"They had some urgent matters to attend to, maybe next time", Nathaniel answers, already wanting to go home. 

"That's a shame. Anyways, follow me, I believe we have important things to discuss", he says and Nathaniel nods, following Vladimir with his guards following close behind. 

They enter a room, much quieter than the main hall, with only a few men inside. A red velvet couch takes up most of the room, and the black walls are covered in pieces of art work. There's a small bar in the corner of the room, and a bartender standing behind it. 

"Would you like a drink?",

"No thank you."

He nods, ordering the bartender to make one whiskey for Vladimir. They both take a seat on the couch and the Count's drink is shortly served afterwards. 

"So, our alliance", Vladimir begins, and Nathaniel braces himself for the hefty amount of information he's going to need to absorb. "Personally, I believe that with our abundance of land, and the Highland's unbeatable army, we'll be a force to be reckoned with. Our Kingdom of Argon have been experiencing shortages of food, with the winter approaching, we need to make sure our people are fed properly, which is why we'd think that your Kingdom would be great help. We could assist you during wars, with our high amount of soldiers you are bound to win each one. So, what do you suggest?", he finishes, and Nathaniel takes a deep breathe in. 

"I agree with everything you've just said. We'll be happy to provide food for your kingdom as long as you are willing to help during an upcoming war", Nathaniel says and Vladimir gives him a strange look. 

"An upcoming war?", he repeats. 

"Robinson's causing problems again, he keeps entering our territory without permission, as if he's asking for a fight. One wrong move from him and Easton declares a war", Nathaniel answers, the Count giving him a shocked expression.