35 - P U P S ?

On a completely unrelated note, who's excited for Christmas?

Noelle

"Come on, let's get you inside pup", my dad spoke after our embrace ended. I glanced back towards the now deserted road, ensuring that the woman who claimed to be my mother wasn't there. I can't afford to put this Kingdom at risk for the sake of myself. 

Would it have been nice to see where I originally came from?

Yes

Would it have been nice to meet my birth parents?

Yes

But when it came to those two, it wasn't worth it at all. Did I feel bad? Of course! I never felt so bad for someone in my life, banishing people wasn't something I imagined myself doing as a queen, but was it the right the to do? 

Yes

We walked back into the castle in a comfortable silence, still processing everything that just occurred. It clearly surprise both Easton and my father, since the looks of shock on their faces weren't difficult to notice. It made me giggle. They looked so strange, looking at me as if they were afraid of what I have the power to do. I never felt intimidating before in my life, I was usually the one who was intimidated, but today, that changed. 

I do not like being confrontational, only when necessary, and this time, it most definitely was.

"Are you okay, Elle?", Easton whispered in worry, breaking me out of my own thoughts. I smiled at him genuinely, a sense of happiness coursing through my body. 

"I've never felt better", I answered and a mischievous look took over his handsome face. 

"Wanna bet on that?", he bent down and whispered in his seductive voice, his calloused, rough hand creeping up my shirt and rubbing my waist with his thumbs, which instantly made me go silent and red. 

"Hey! No flirting or touching, at least not while I'm standing here", I heard my father say, and we both laughed at his protective nature. I attempted to pull away from Easton, suddenly embarrassed, but he did not budge, his hand practically stuck onto my waist, and to be honest, I am not complaining. 

"Okay then, we'll just leave", Easton spoke calmly, making me giggle and my father glare at him, as he tried picking me up and sweeping me away. 

My father however, wasn't having any of it, and did not let me go. 

"Come on Nate, please?", Easton pleaded but my father just shook his head. 

"As a matter of fact, there's some paperwork in the office that I left unattended, maybe you should get to work, King", my dad teased with a knowing smirk on his face, and I held back my giggles. Easton rolled his eyes and sighed in displeasure. 

"Fine, just give me a sec with her please", Easton said and my dad smiled triumphantly. 

Their banter always cracked me up. 

"And that's my queue to leave, your mother and I will be in the library waiting for you pup", he announced and I nodded. 

As soon as he was out of hind-sight, Easton kissed me feverishly. Surprised, I let out a little gasp, which gave him full access to my mouth. He smirked against my lips and continued to kiss me as if it were our last kiss. His hands sat on my hips pulling me as close as possible, whilst mine resided on his neck.