33 - M A R K I N G

A/N - Check my newest announcement if you haven't already!

"We can't just give up Michael! We just found her for heaven's sake", Iris yelled at Michael suggestion. 

"We f*cked up Iris, she gonna hate us when she finds out we practically threw her freedom out the window, just to get your powers back", he spoke in a rough tone. 

"She'll understand that it was our only option", she retorted. 

"Understanding is one thing, forgiving is another. Her life will be ruined, God knows what Cecelia did when she bombarded into their castle, and how King Easton reacted. She's got so many things on her plate, we shouldn't be another burden that causes distress. She was kidnapped at the age of 10, tortured for 10 years, found and is weaker than a fly, people are already out to kill her, and we're here, being the selfish pricks we are, wanting to take her back. We made our bed by leaving her in the forest, now we have to lay in it", he finished with a single tear streaming down his face, leaving Iris in pure shock. 

None of them could say another word, for Michael spoke nothing but the truth. 

"Let her be happy wherever she is Iris, that's all we could ever wish for", was the final thing spoken before he left their small cottage, needing a small break. 

Iris on the other hand, had a different plan. Just because Michael is giving up, doesn't mean she is too. She vowed to never stop until she had her daughter back, and she's keeping that promise until the end of her days, no matter what it takes. If it means she'll have to do it without Michael than so be it. She's going back to that castle, whether Easton likes it or not. 

Meanwhile:

Easton's P.O.V

She forgave me, even though I didn't deserve her forgiveness in the slightest. No one will ever understand how remorseful and guilty I am for my actions, no matter how much I show it. It will continue to eat me alive until the day I die.

Seeing Noelle kill Cecelia was something I never expected from her. Sure, I knew she had powers, but witnessing her using them made me realise just how powerful this woman is. She saved my life, even though I could've done it myself, she chose the protect. 

I always wondered why it was the male who always had to save the female. It is a dumb stereotype that needs to be forgotten. A woman can do what a man does, and Noelle proved that today. Anyone is capable of saving another's life regardless of gender. 

I wasn't surprised at how distressed Noelle was after she realised Cecelia was dead. I know my Noelle well enough to understand that she is a forgiving person, and believes everyone deserves a second chance. She'd never taken a life before, and her reaction was something I expected, and I can't deny that it melts my heart that she cares about someone who tried f*cking up her life. 

She's something else. 

She needs to know that she should never feel guilty for taking someone's life away if they deserve it, and in this case, Cecelia definitely deserved death. 

"Easton?", her voice broke me out of my trance. She was laying on my chest as I played with her light brown locks, as our legs were tangled together and our arms tightly wrapped around one another. 

"Yeah?"

"Do you think my parents will come back for me?", she asked while looking up at me. I sighed at her question. 

"Definitely. You're too special to give up on, they'll come over and over again until they have you back. But you aren't going anywhere. Like I said before, your stuck with me, I'll always be with you, forever and always", I said quietly, my voice smooth and soft, making her blush.