17 - U N W A N T E D

A/N - This is what I imagine Crimson to look like 

Easton rushed in the shower so he wouldn't leave Noelle unattended for too long. Yes, they were in the same room, but he could only go an hour or two before he feels the sudden urge to touch her again. It's a beloved thing. You just have to be around each other to be satisfied. Noelle remained snuggled up on the towel by the sink, the humid air relaxing her nerves of meeting everyone again. 

She was extremely anxious. She was scared that they might look at her differently, now that she's bruised and scarred. 

What if they think I'm too ugly?

What if they think I'm dirty?

What if they think I'm too weak to be queen?

What if they send me back? 

Her invasive thoughts caused her to gasp in horror. She'd do anything to stay here. 

She whimpered quietly as she felt her eyes well up with tears. 

(I know foxes don't actually cry, but this is my story and I'm gonna change the rules lol)

"What's wrong, love? I can hear your heartbeat from here", Easton asked in a soft, worried tone, as he stepped out of the shower in only a towel which was wrapped around his waist. 

Noelle was too scared and upset to even look at him lustfully.

She stood up on her four feet and craned her head upwards to look at Easton. His face softened when he saw her golden, doe eyes tearing up. She hasn't looked sad since coming here, what went wrong? 

"Did I spend too much time in the shower?", he asked but she shook her head. He sighed, taking her small face in his hands and rubbing the fur under her eyes. Her mood brightened up slightly once they came into contact, but she still had that fear in her heart. 

"I wish I could hear your thoughts, doll. It's killing me, knowing that I can't understand what's making you sad", he spoke through a pained voice. She put on a fake smile to reassure him, but he can tell that it's not genuine. 

"Come here", he whispered, picking her and holding her close to his chest. 

"I'm going to get changed, and then we're going to go meet everyone, maybe that'll make you happier", he suggested but the fear came to her eyes once again. He noticed that her heartbeat accelerated when he mentioned everyone. 

"Are you scared to see everybody?", he asked while scratching behind her ears as he sat on their bed. She nodded, embarrassed. He sighed, placing a gentle peck on her snout. 

"It's okay, my love. We don't have to see them all at once. Would it be better if we saw them one at a time?". 

She felt selfish, knowing that everyone wanted to see her but she wanted to stay hidden, but she couldn't help how she felt. Easton's recommendation sounded great, so she nodded her head, nuzzling closer to him. He smiled triumphantly when he saw a relaxed expression on her face.