18 - G R E E T I N G S

They signed the papers

It's either Noelle's freedom, or their lives.

If this wedding doesn't happen, the past 20 years would have gone to waste. All these years of searching would have been useless. They know it's unfair, they know it's selfish, they know it's not ideal, but their need to find their daughter overrides that. 

"Perfect! Now, your powers will probably take a day to recharge, so give it some time", Cecelia informed them with a smirk etched on her face. It's true when they say, the queen always get's her way.

Just as the queen finished her sentence, prince Nicholas entered the vast room. 

"What are you doing here, Nick, we're discussing important things", the queen asked in an irritated tone. 

"What? I can't meet my future mother and father in law?", he asked sarcastically with a knowing grin on his face. Iris and Michael cringed at his words, hating the fact that this is the only way they'll be able to find their daughter. Cecelia was impressed, and ushered him to come over.

"It's nice to officially meet you, I'm prince Nicholas", he spoke proudly and outstretched his hands for them to shake, and they reluctantly did one at a time. "It's a pleasure to be engaged to your daughter, she truly is a gem", he continued and they smiled at his kind words, but still has bad thoughts running through their minds.

"The Highlands are incredibly lucky that they were able to have such a treasure, too bad she was taken away from them at such a young age", Cecelia spoke with fake sadness laced in her voice, which angered Michael and Iris. 

"Who are the Highlands?", Michael asked, unknowing to all the kingdoms. 

"The largest Kingdom in all of Europe. The vampires rule over there. No one dares to enter their land without permission, since the vampires are one of the most powerful beings, each having their own special power. But they were too busy, too distracted on that one day, that they never noticed Noelle being taken, until it was too late."

Flashback:

Noelle, who had just turned 10 a few weeks ago, was in the Kingdom gardens near the villages. She loved the rural side of the Kingdom, it was like an escape from the towering castle that she was always in. Don't be mistaken, she loves the castle, but she also loves spending time near the villages, she felt as though it taught her to be appreciative of what she has, since it could be gone on day. 

As Nathaniel and Lilah were talking to the residents in the village about 'adult stuff', she was making daisy chains by the river, watching as the children would run around and play together. She smiled up at them. 

She was too engrossed in her daisy chain making to notice someone calling out to her. 

"Little girl!", the unknown voice whisper-yelled. She looked up to see a tall figure wearing a mask. 

That's weird, I've never seen a man wear a mask before, she said to herself. 

"Yes, you, come here", he whispered again once he caught her attention. She, being the naive little girl she is, walked up to him. 

"Can I h-help you, sir?", she asked shyly, turning around to see where her parents were, but they were no longer in her sight. She felt her heart drop to her stomach. 

"Yes, my puppy is lost, can you help me find him?", the man spoke and she gasped. 

Poor puppy, she said sadly in her mind.