36 - F A U L T S

A/N - Anyone else in love with Corpse at the moment?

"So you're telling me, you got the both of us banished from the Highland's, for your f*cking mistake?" Michael seethed as Iris stood by the door, leaning against it with her hands crossed over her chest. She shrugged. 

"It was completely irrational of her, I didn't do anything wrong-".

"Yes you f*cking did! You know she wasn't ready to face us yet, especially after finding out about our plan with Cecelia. You should've listened to me, but no, instead you went to the Highland's and demanded she spent time with us. How stupid can you get?! Now, because of your faults, I have to pay the price", he continued to yell, absolutely frustrated with the sudden, unexpected news. 

He had every right to be, and Iris didn't blame him. She sighed, tears brimming in her eyes. 

"I know it was dumb! But you have to understand where I'm coming from, we're in the same boat at the end of the day. I didn't look for Noelle all my life, just for her mate to tell me I can not see her, so I was desperate!" she explained, trying to validate her actions. 

"Well your desperate a*s got us both banished from her Kingdom, and worse than that, the chance of seeing her again, are slim to none", he spoke, but this time in a quieter voice, coming to terms with their fate. 

That's it, there was nothing he could do. 

Unless....

Back at the castle:

Today was the day the whole world will know that Queen of Highlands has returned.

It would be nerve-wracking for anybody, but the pressure on Noelle was so much higher. The pressure to lead well, to set an example for the Kingdom, to rule, to be the best Queen the Highlands have seen. All of it caused immense stress on Noelle, but she was determined to be what the residents of Highland want her to be. 

At this moment in time, Noelle and Easton were still in bed, whilst the castle maids and butlers were busy preparing the great hall for the coronation this evening. People from all over Europe were coming over. Allies, relatives, friends and most importantly, Count Dracula. 

His arrival was the most important to Noelle. She wanted to meet him, she was desperate too. She knew he would have the answers to her questions, and to meet the first vampire to ever exist would be a great honour. After hearing his story, and reading a few chapters from his diary, she became even more excited to meet to Count. 

Awakening from her serene slumber, Noelle found Easton still sleeping on her chest. She smiled as memories from last night replayed in her mind. She still couldn't believe that he was already thinking about having pups. Thinking about having a few children running around excited Noelle. She wanted little ones just as much as he did. Not right now though, their lives were too hectic to have pups, but perhaps in the near future. 

Easton did not budge during his sleep, she was surprised he didn't squish her due to his large, muscular body. It was a sight to look at, and she felt blessed to be able to witness him every day. 

Practically sensing that she was awake, Easton began moving around,  falling off Noelle's small body and landing near the edge of the bed. She giggled at the sight of him nearly falling off. She turned over and cuddled into side, not sure if he was awake or not, tracing the endless amounts of tattoos on his chest and abs. 

"What are you doing, baby?", he whispered in his rough, deep voice, which made Noelle clench her thighs. His eyes were still closed, but she now knew he was awake, which made her happy since she didn't like going downstairs without him beside her.