24 - T R U T H

"Our baby"

They spoke so surely, like they knew what they were talking about.

Their eyes held stories, waiting to be told, as they stared down at my figure, their gazes burning holes in my skin. The anxiety rose up to my head and heart yet again, causing me to hyperventilate. 

I look up at Easton for comfort, and he receives my signal, picking my trembling body up and holding me tightly. I instantly feel better but the strangers sat there are overwhelming me, to the point where I feel like I'm going to faint again. 

"Doc, where's the DNA results, I need them now", I heard Easton's voice through the sound of me heavy breathing, it sounded as if he was metres away from me when in reality, his head was right beside mine. 

I didn't want to look back. I couldn't look back, knowing what would await me. 

Then a mixture of voices were heard but I blocked them out, focusing on myself and my breathing, like how Easton tells me, 'breath in, and out'. 

"No! This can't be possible", Easton's loud, enraged tone brought me out of my trance, making me yelp in surprise. I could never get used to this side of Easton. I've always known him as the sweet, gentle giant, but it's another story around others. 

"I-I'm sorry, my king, but science cannot be defied", the doctor argued in a shaky voice. 

I plucked the courage to look up at the the strangers and much to my surprise, they were already staring at me. 

There was something about them that screamed....

Comfort

I couldn't put my finger on it, but once my frantic mind relaxed, their eyes brought me peace. 

The woman, who had platinum blonde hair and blazing brown eyes, much like mine, was staring at me in awe, as if I was the most beautiful painting in an art gallery. 

The man, who had light brown, auburn hair, which resembled mind, and blue eyes, stared at me with a large smile on his face, and tears watering his eyes. 

I gave them a weak smile back, feeling slightly rude since I hadn't acknowledged them in a very nice way. To my surprise, they both gasped quietly, bringing the doctor and Easton out of their conversation. 

Easton covered my eyes, trying to hide them away from me, but I used my paws to shove his hands away. 

I wanted to see them. 

They were like a mystery waiting to be told. 

"Let's sit down", Easton said with a sigh, ushering the strangers towards the couch in the corner of the room. The doctor left without another word, but he bowed down to Easton out of respect. 

"Noelle", he spoke in an authoritative voice, making me look up at him curiously. 

"You're wondering who they are, aren't you?", he spoke in a much calmer voice than he previously did, making my heart swell and nerves relax. I nodded while looking back at them. He sighed yet again. 

What's with all the sighing?

"This is Iris and Michael....", he started, pausing to take a deep breath in. 

"....Winters", he completed, leaving me in shock. 

They have the same surname as me. 

No, they aren't related to me, they can't be, it's just a coincidence. 

"They had a baby girl 20 years ago, on the 25th of December."

That's my birthday....

"And for her safety, they left her in the woods for somebody else to find."