44 - F L I G H T

I deleted the New story chapter because it's now out!! You can find it on my profile, read it if you'd like!! Happy Valentines day or Galentines day!

Easton's P.O.V 

I'm going to do it today

I'm finally ready, and I hope she is too.

Everything has been prepared and she has absolutely no clue about it. 

I told her that we're going on a date to disguise the fact that I'm going to propose. Thankfully, she didn't suspect anything. I haven't told her what I planned, obviously, so she's completely oblivious. 

I lied in the note I left her, I didn't have any work to do, I was just busy making sure everything goes exactly how I want it to. I'm glad she had fun without me though, it's been ages since she spent time with the boys, and as much as I hate leaving her, it all went perfect. 

We are currently driving to our destination, and I brought a blanket and some snacks since this trip is going to take a while. I didn't want her to be cold or go hungry. 

"Sleepy?", I asked. 

"It's hard not to be", she stated and I smiled, reaching my hand out for her to fidget with. She did exactly what I imagined her to do, play with my rings. 

"Elle?"

She hummed. 

"I was thinking that we should both shift soon, since Axel and Crimson have never properly met or spent time together", I suggested. 

"Crimson tells me about that all the time, we definitely should."

"You're comfortable with that?"

"Yeah, why not? It's been ages since I've shifted", she said. 

"I thought you wouldn't want to, since you were trapped in your fox form for ages", I added. 

"I hated that period of time. I tried shifting everyday, but my body always went against me", she complained. 

"It was fine at first, I was just ecstatic to have you back, regardless of what form you were in, but as time went on, I started to hate it too", I told her. 

Although it sounds bad, it's true. No one would like for the love of their life to be stuck in an animal form, not knowing when she'll be back. I didn't love her any less, in fact, it just made want to care for her even more, since I knew the healthier and happier she was, the quicker she'd shift back. 

"It was miracle I shifted back", she said in awe. I smiled. 

"I don't know what I would've done if you hadn't shifted", I spoke sadly.

"You would be a sad little bean forever", she giggled. 

"You would've been a fox forever, and I would say that's worse than being sad", I responded and she gasped dramatically. 

"An adorable fox, that's for sure, unlike you", she added, making me laugh. 

"You don't think I'm adorable."

"Nope."

"Alright, let's go back home-"

"No! I was kidding you crybaby", she immediately interrupted and I laughed at her behaviour. 

"I think you were being very serious", I stated. 

"I pinky promise I was kidding", she said confidently, intertwining her pinky with mine. 

"The amount of trust I have in your pinky promises is unbelievable", I chuckled. 

"You should put your life on it, it's like an oath", she exaggerated.