3 - N O E L L E

A/N- I don't have muses for these characters, you can imagine them as whoever you want!

Another day, another beating. Noelle had become numb to the feeling of being mistreated, disregarded, neglected, talked to as an object. Everything had become her new normal, and she learnt how to deal with it. 

Like mentioned before, she doesn't know who her captures are. They're smart, that's for sure. 

"I think that's enough for today, mutt, go back to your cage", he muttered while panting for air. He clearly didn't go easy on her, since she could barely move. Her bones felt like glass, as if they would shatter at any second. Her face felt swollen and bruises, and she can already tell she looked like a painting of pain, coloured in red, purple and green. But still, she made her way back into her cage. Funny how she feels the safest in there. Although it's uncomfortable, she knows no one can hurt her whilst she's in it. 

"Oh sweetheart, it keeps getting worse and worse", Noelle jumped at the source of sound, banging her head on the top of the metal cage. She whimpered and rubbed her head. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to startle you. The Alpha has ordered me to tend to your wounds, would you allow me to do that?", the woman asked sweetly. Noelle recognises the voice, though she cannot see her face. She nods and the doctor unlocks her cage. Noelle exists and stretches her weak, pained body. The doctor sighs deeply. 

"Here, lay on your back so I can disinfect the wounds on your stomach", she says and Noelle does exactly as she's asked. She hisses in pain when she feels the cold, wet liquid rub against her skin. The doctor mumbles a quick 'sorry'. 

"I don't know why they do this to you, sweetheart. Someone as special as you deserve to be treated like a queen", she admits solemnly, and Noelle shrugs at her words. 

She remembers how she was treated like a princess back at the Highlands. Everyone would speak to her with courtesy and respect, even though she was only a child. The King made sure she was happy and healthy, as even he was besotted by her. Not only was she the adopted daughter of his most loyal companion, but she was his future daughter in law. 

"I don't deserve to be treated like a queen, but everyone deserves to be treated with kindness", Noelle whispers humbly with a sigh at the end. The doctor brushes Noelle's tangled, auburn locks away, so she could tend to the bruises on her face. 

"I don't understand though, you're the rarest of your kind, why would they want to hurt you?", she queries, confusion laced in her saddened voice. 

"It might be because I'm a weak fox, it might be because I'm a female. These Alpha's cannot stand a female with more power than them. I'm a weapon in their eyes, and that will never change. Life is unfair", once Noelle finishes, the doctor tears up, not understand how they could hurt someone so beautiful and pure. The doctor looked down at Noelle's body, anyone could easily mistake her for a 16 year old, possibly younger. She's got a tiny, fragile frame, but with mature, adult features. 

"It's crazy how I've known you for around 10 years, yet I don't know much about you", the doctor says with a little laugh at the end. It's true, no one knows anything about Noelle, except for her powers, name and where she came from. 

"I don't know what any of you even look like, so I think that's fair", Noelle says and the doctor sighs. 

"I would show you my face, but the Alpha said I'm not allowed to", 

"It's okay, I understand."

"Well, I've finished so I guess this conversation is over", the doctor states while picking up her medical kit. Noelle crawls back into her cage and gives her a weak smile.