Nun-chucks

There was a puff of green smoke and Arthur and Harry appeared in the fireplace infront if us.

"He can stay at Hogwarts!" Arthur said excitedly, but Harry looked distracted. Everyone congratulated him excitedly.

"What is it?" I asked pulling his wrist down, so that he would sit next to me.

"Dumbledore was there, he spoke up for me. But he wouldn't speak to me, just ignored me." He frowned.

"Oh, thank God." I sighed.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Harry asked, slightly angered, causing Ron and Hermione to look over in our direction.

"I'm just glad that your pissed because a teacher ignored you. There's so much going on with Voldemort and stuff I just got a bit concerned." I pulled my eyes away from him and looking at the ground.

"Oh, sorry." He apologized, fidgeting around before he walked out the room after Sirius.

"What was that about?" Ron asked, walking towards me.

"Nothing it's fine." I shook my head as Ron sat where Harry had just left.

Ron's pov

I watched as y/n's eyes grew with a realisation. She shuddered, glancing towards Tonks who was deep in conversation with Lupin.

"What's wrong?" I asked her, sitting up straight.

"Remember this morning, when Tonks told me that my Dad is a death eater?"

I nodded.

"I said that I was safe as long as he doesn't find me or my mum. He's friends with Draco's Dad. Meaning he could find me easily." She kept a straight face but I could see the fear him her eyes.

"Why would he want to find you? No offense, but it's not exactly like he liked either of you." I said, playing with her hair.

"We left him in the middle of the night, just ran away. He's still related to me, he'll want revenge." She muttered, slouching against the back of the couch. I watched her as she picked at a hangnail. She quickly seemed unaffected by her discovery, and just listened in to everyone else's conversations, nodding along.

"So, y/n. How many forms of 'muggle' defense do you know?" My dad asked, Tonks listened in eagerly.

"Well... knife throwing, axe throwing, archery, fencing, boxing, wrestling and... I'm not sure I'm probably forgetting some." She listed, glancing at me as she went.

"Fencing. What's fencing?" My dad asked her, I watched her smile a little before she continued.

"Kind of like sword fighting." She replied, earning an impressed look from my dad.

"How did you learn?" Tonks said curiously.

"My Mum and the farmer that owns our cornfield, where we live." I smiled at the lack of detail that she gave in her answers.

"Why did you learn?" Ginny chimed in, suddenly everyone was listening. I watched as y/n's face remained in a neutral position for about twenty seconds.

"Nun-chucks. That's what I forgot. Nun-chucks." She said snapping her fingers, avoiding the question.

"A what?" My dad asked pulling out his notepad.

"Nun-chucks. They're like two sticks connected by a chain. You swing them around violently." She explained further. My dad hesitated and put his notepad back in his pocket without writing anything down.

()()()

"Ron." Harry said sitting up in bed.

"What is it?" I asked tiredly.

"Y/n's dad is a death eater. Do you really think we should still hang around her. I mean, supporting Voldemort." Harry said hesitantly.

"What? Harry that's not fair!" I raised my voice, shooting up in bed.

"Calm down. I know she isn't a death eater, but her dad is. Also, why can she fight? Why didn't she answer Ginny today, when she asked why she knew so much about fighting?" Harry blurted out quickly.

"She never talks about anything if it doesn't suit her, she's always been like that! She also hasn't seen her Dad since she was nine, that's like six and a half years!" I said, I could feel myself becoming enraged. Was Harry really accusing y/n off associating with death eaters? I knew they weren't very close, but for Harry to throw all their trust out the window just because her 'dad' worshipped You-know-who.

"And why can she fight!" He asked,his volume increasing.

"I don't know!" I shouted back, realizing that I should probably find out.

"But what if- if- nevermind." Harry started to get worked up, but gave up quickly.

"Nevermind." I said with a mocking tone, pulling my covers over my head.

"Yeah, nevermind." Y/n's voice echoed around the room as she swung the door open.

"Were you eavesdropping?!?!" Harry asked, infuriated.

"No, you were shouting so I came to find out why. Now, I know it's because you think I'm best friends with Voldemort." She sighed, calmly. She walked into the room and two figures appeared being her, Fred and George.

"What're you doing?" I asked them sitting up in my bed.

"We were eavesdropping." They said simultaneously.