this seat is uncomfortably warm

We walked back to the castle, just on time for lunch. Hermione beckoned us over. We sat infront of her and Harry, who blatantly ignored us and read his book. Hermione shot me a look as if to say
"you-should've-spoke-to-Ron-why-are-they-still-not-friends?"
I shrugged in response and took a sip of water.

()()()

"Potions homework?" Ron said, as he stood up from the table an unreadable look on his face.

"Ugh, sure." I said, surprised that Ron was so eager to get it done. He reached a hand out to help me from my seat, to my surprise he didn't drop it till he walked through the portrait hole and into the common room.

I sat down on a small ledge next to the fire place. Ron on an armchair opposite me. We worked for a while before I zoned out. My brain wandered to when I was six.

My mum and I live in a small cottage in the middle of a corn field. The farmers wife that owned the field had brought us dinner, but my mum didn't take it. She shouted at her instead. She was screaming about money and she chased the farmers wife out of the door throwing a chair after her. We left the house for about a month, but we returned and the matter was never brought up again.

I was brought back to the Gryffindor common room, when Ron had gotten up from his seat too shake me back to reality.
"You okay?" He asked, sitting on the floor next to me.

"Yep. I'm just remembering this time when my mum threw a chair at a lady." I said, closing my book.

"What d'you mean?" He said, leaning towards me, a slightly concerned look on his face.

"I mean, we were told we couldn't live in our house because we didn't have enough money. So my mum got angry then threw a chair at the lady. They're friends now." I chuckled, nudging him with my foot.

"Well, remind me not to piss your mum off." He said, pulling me off the ledge and onto the floor beside him.

"Why, hello there love birds!" Fred and George said, climbing through the portrait hole.

"Good one." I chuckled sarcastically, but shifted away from Ron slightly.

"Thank you." George replied,sitting in the chair that Ron had just left.

"We're collecting bids for the first task tomorrow. Place one?" Fred said, pulling out a notebook.

"Why so you can rob me of my money, like Bagman did to you! Not a chance." I said, with a laugh.

"You know us too well. What's the matter George?" Fred replied, turning towards his brother who had been sitting in silence for a bit longer than any Weasley could.

"This seat... Is uncomfortably warm." He said slowly, raising one eyebrow.
Ron replied with a wink, then chuckled to himself.

I left the Weasley brothers and walked around Hogwarts, for a bit. I did this a lot.

I thought of my crazy, erratic mother, who would probably have paced these very hall's about twenty years before me. It's odd to think about how many different stories the walls of the castle could tell.

As I rounded a corner, leading to godric knows where, I heard footsteps. I'm not sure why but I froze in my tracks.
"Going somewhere?" The voice of Snape echoed off the walls.

"Common room, sir." I said twisting round. Only to realize it wasn't Snape, it was Lee Jordan.

"You should have seen your face! Priceless! Oh, I wish Nigel had snapped that one." He laughed histerically.

"How did you do that, then?" I asked, linking our arms together and walking towards the common room.

"The twins gave me something or another." He shrugged.

"Anything that the twins call 'something or another' probably isn't a good idea." You laughed.

"Well, I guess that's true. But you test their things all the time!" He said,as we let a staircase shift into place.

"I also take cold showers, so I'm not exactly sane." I said, before muttering the password to the portrait hole for the common room.

"Fair play, my dear, fair play." He laughed.

"Y/n, sit here." Ron said, tapping the space next to him. I obliged, sitting next him.

"Where did you go?" He asked me, clearly surprised that Lee was with me when I came in.

"Robbed gringots." I shrugged.

"What?" Ron asked, taking him a minute to register.

"She's only kidding, Ronniekins. You know she has a fear of goblins." Fred said rolling his eyes sarcastically, as he threw a quill at George.

You spoke to the group for a bit, before Harry came in, seemingly upset, followed by Hermione. She caught my eye and I nodded at her, we switched places, I headed after Harry and she sat down with the group.

"Harry!" I called, as I watched him slowly climb the stairs to the boys dorms.

"Oh, it's you." He shrugged, walking back down the stairs.

"What is it? Haven't you figured out the dragons yet?" I asked, curiously.

"Yes, Moody helped. I'm just a bit... Nervous, or scared or something." He said, confused.

"You, Harry Potter, have got nothing to worry about. I believe in you, if that's not good enough, then quite frankly, I will feed you to the dragons myself." I said, reaching out to sort his collar. He chuckled in response, but it wasn't very heartfelt.

"Don't let Ron get to you, he's jealous. He's always been like that, you know it. But he is also the most loyal person I know. You guys will be friends again in no time." I said.

"I didn't say anything about Ron." Harry denied, but I knew he was thinking about him.

"Okay then, goodnight." I said, gesturing for him to go back upstairs.

"Night." He murmured.

When he got to the top of the stairs I shouted after him.

"Don't die! I can't stand funerals!"

"You did not just shout that!" Hermione grumbled as I walked back into the common room.

"Why shouldn't I have?" I asked, sitting on the arm of the sofa, next to Ron.

"Because you know what's on our minds right now!" She scolded.

"Hermione Granger, I simply told him not to die. If you want me to go up stairs and tell him I didn't mean it, I will, but I'm not sure he'll take too kindly to it." I said, reaching over to grab George's cup of tea and take a sip. Hermione stuttered for a moment before choosing silence.

"Good tea, George." I said, turing to look at him.

"Yes, that's because I made it for me to enjoy." He said, pulling the tea from my hands.