cannibalism

"Look at the house, mum. Seriously?" Malcom had gotten out if the car to speak to some man that opens the gates.

"What? It's gorgeous." She stared at the house.

"Gold digger." I smirked, she scoffed and glanced at me in the mirror.

"None of that humor, not till you figure these people out." She shook her finger before looking at Ron.

"Keep her under your wing." She nodded, my mouth fell open.

"Why dont you trust me to make a good impression?" I cracked my knuckles.

"Because the last time I let you come with me to the home of someone else that I love, you ignored them and then fell asleep while they spoke directly to you." She smirked raising her eyebrows.

"Zara set fire to the curtains because you refused to give her a hundred pounds. I knew she was sketchy. I was also ten so it doesn't count. And you weren't engaged." I pointed out, Ron laughed beside me.

"What?" My mum and I asked simultaneously.

"You're both mental." He shook his head.

The door to the car swung open. Malcom grinned as he plopped himself into the seat.

"Gavin is A-OK. He's the groundskeeper." Malcom explained as the gates opened slowly, revealing even more of the house.

"Just a quick question, uh, how long do you think we'll be here?" I asked Malcom, glancing at my mum's watch.

"A good few hours, why?" He asked me, I smiled a little staring at my feet on the car floor.

"Just curious." I shook my head, my eyes fixed.

Ron's pov

Y/n gave a small sigh as she stared at the floor. From what I've learnt over the past year, she's not a lover of social gatherings. Sometimes.

"Here we are." Malcom slowed to a halt infront of the house, snapping y/n back to reality.

"Fabby." Y/n smiled at me, a mischievous glint in her eyes. I frowned back.

"No monkey business." Lillian cleared her throat as we all left the car. Malcom took Lillian's arm and led her up the steps.

"Marble stairs." Y/n raised an eyebrow.

"Be nice." I followed up behind her.

"I know, I'm just in a sort of 'eat the rich' kind of mood. So this is just so strenuous." She clutched her hand to her heart.

"No cannibalism." I quietened down as we got closer to Malcom. He rung the bell.