a good song

"I invited Leanne, I know you don't really know her but hope you don't mind." Lee told me as I walked through to my room.

"I thought she was Katie's friend?" I called through as got dressed.

"So?" He asked, I chuckled.

"It's sort of a rule that you shouldn't go out with your best friends ex." I called back, stepping into my dress. It was a simple strapless purple dress.

"Lee, zip me." I walked into the hallway, turning my back to him. He zipped the dress up, sighing.

"What?" I turned to face him.

"I really hope Katie's okay with it." He walked back into the kitchen, I followed after pulling a black cardigan on.

"She'll either be fine or not. It's too late to worry now." I shrugged, he nodded. A familiar pop echoed through the hall, somebody had apparated into the house.

"Hello?" One of the twins called in.

"In here!" I shouted back, George appeared.

"Can we get into the house using the floo network, everyone else is wondering?" He asked, I nodded.

"I already told you all to use the floo network." I smiled at him.

"Great, I'll be back in a second." He grinned, disappearing into thin air again.

I reached over to the radio, turning the volume up.

"No diggity, it's great isn't it." Lee nodded enthusiastically at the music playing. I just raised my eyebrows, not giving him a real answer.

Smoke came from the fireplace as a figure emerged, Ron.

"God I hate the floo network." He muttered, coughing as he stepped out of the fireplace.

"Y/n! Happy almost new year!" He walked over kissing me on the cheek. More smoke appeared and Harry came from the fire.

"Hey, I'm in the right place this time!" He grinned at Ron who laughed. I didn't understand the joke but just as I was about to ask, Fred apparated beside me.

"Hello gorgeous, want another hug." He laughed, opening his arms. Thankfully he was fully clothed.

"You know I'll pass on this one." I laughed, the house began to fill up. Almost everyone had brought a date.

"Y/n! I hope you don't mind but I brought Angelina, you know for the kiss at midnight." George whispered in my ear, I'm not sure where he came from but I just nodded and waved to Angelina who stood just behind him.

"Where's the fire whiskey?" Fred asked me, I gestured towards it, hoping that I could get a little space.

"You alright?" Ron asked, I nodded but I could tell he didn't believe me by the way he tightened his grip around my waist.

"Listen, my mum wants us all to have dinner. Me, you, her and Malcom. Is that alright?" I asked him, glancing around the room. Hermione was here, with Ginny and Leanne had arrived, making a beeline for Lee.

"Dinner, why?" He sounded confused.

"Because she wants to properly talk to you. Not just a ten minute chat before she leaves me at yours for half the summer." I told him, Lee turned the radio up again. Another song that I didn't recognize was playing.

"Right, then, dinner it is." He nodded reaching for a bottle of fire whiskey.

"Lady's first." He handed the bottle to me, I took a swing the taste burning in my throat.

"Who's that?" Ron asked, he had to talk loudly into my ear in order for me to hear him over the radio and chatter. He nodded across the living room between sips from the bottle. I looked over, Dragomir. I knew Ginny had invited him, I'm not sure how or when.

"That's Dragomir, the new boy you hate so much just because Ginny likes him." I whispered back to him.

"Oh right." Ron didn't seem fussed as he drank some more. He handed the bottle back to me smiling.

"Put on a good song." He said loudly into my ear as I drank.

I grabbed the stack of records from the cupboard, Queen. Good old fashioned lover boy began. I looked around the room, I could see Luna and Neville admiring my mum's plant that sat in the window sill.

"Y/n, do you think he'll kiss me at midnight?" Hermione asked as I walked over to say hello.

"Maybe, I dunno. Ask him." I shrugged I could feel the alcohol hitting.

"Y/n! It's nice to see you." Dragomir smiled at me as Hermione looked over her shoulder at Fred.

"Yep, great to see you too." I nodded looking straight back at Hermione.

"Have something to drink, then grow a pair and ask him." I took a sip of the fire whiskey before handing the bottle over and walking back over to Ron.

"You look pretty." Ron smiled, kissing me on the forehead.

"Do you smell that?" Ron like looked up. Fred was lighting a cigarette in the kitchen.

"Fred! The garden." I pointed to the door I'm the corner of the kitchen that led to the back garden.

"But I'll get lonely." He smirked at me. I rolled my eyes.

"Hermione!" He called her over and she followed him outside, handing me the bottle as she passed.

"Luna, Neville." I left Ron's side and joined them at the window.

"Do you know what the plant is?" Luna asked me.

"No, sorry." I shook my head. Neville frowned.

"What's the matter?" I asked him.

"The music stopped, that's all." He smiled at me.

"Right, I'll put on something else." I took an ABBA record out, dancing queen.

"Y/n!" My name was shouted. I spun around to see Fred behind me.

"I have vertiserum." He smiled at me.

"Go on then." I sighed, noticing Ron approach Dragomir.

A/n

I'm hungry but it's 12:22 am. I can't wake up the whole house just cos I've got the munchies, can I? I might.

Anyway there's a few Spotify playlist for Hogwarts party's that are pretty cool so you could listen to those while you read the party chapters.

Bye