what's weird

After about ten minutes, y/n calmed down. She was sipping her butterbeer and looking around the room.

"Why didn't you take me to Madame Puddifoots?" She smirked at me. Madame Puddifoots was a romantic tea shop, filled with pink and red decor.

"Didn't want you to barf on entry." I chuckled.

"Charming." She shook her head. The waitress approached the table again.

"Refills?" she asked, clearly bored.

"Please." Y/n passed her cup to the woman.

"What did I miss on Thursday?" She asked me.

"Oh, not a lot really. Seamus set himself on fire and Neville dropped a really spikey plant on Snape's toe, the usual." I smiled as she laughed at my understatement.

"You never said what you wanted for Christmas." She clasped her hands together.

"D'you know what's weird?" I nodded to the waitress as she placed our now full cups on the table.

"Twins are weird, there's two of the same person but they're different. The wind is weird, where is all the air going? Eyebrows are weird, they have no purpose yet everyone has them. Jewellery, we just decorate ourselves..."

"Y/n, contain yourself." I laughed.

"I've forgotten what I was going to say." I shook my head at her. She just smiled and chugged down the remains of her drink.

"Let's go for a walk." She stood from the table putting her jacket on quickly. I paid quickly and headed out after her.

"Where are we going?" I asked taking her hand.

"Wherever we end up." She shrugged turning a corner suddenly. 

We walked aimlessly for an hour or so, chatting about this and that. We had ended up on the castle grounds.

"This is where I first remember you, I think." She pointed to a rough patch of grass.

"Flying one-oh-one with Madame Hooch." I nodded remembering my first flying lesson. I had hit myself in the face with my broom, Harry had taken off into the sky and Neville had ended up hanging from the top of Hogwarts.

"I couldn't get my broom off the ground, I had looked up to see I wasn't the only one and your broom came flying up and hit you in the nose. First time I smiled since coming here." She was smiling at the memory too.

"Speaking of flying, what's going on with quidditch this year?" She asked kicking a stone across the ground.

"Not a clue. Umbridge will probably have some rule about it though. I swear that woman boils my blood." I shook my head.

"Woman? Don't lower humanity to her level, Ronnie." She scolded sarcastically.

"Sorry." I smiled back at her.

A/n

I feel like all my recent author notes are just me apologising for taking so long to upload and for how short the chapters are but this week you can expect three chapters that are at least 700 words.

Also, this has almost 6000 reads but not one person let me know that the cover cuts off the writing. But I'm going to leave it like that, just because I can... its a design choice.

Bye