perfectly fine

"Y/n!" My name was called. I headed in to Umbridge's office. The walls were painted a gastly colour of pink, plates with moving kittens lined the walls and a china tea set was laid on the desk.

"Would you like some tea, before we begin?" Umbridge asked, pushing a teacup towards me.

"I would like some, but I'm afraid you might poison me if you had the chance so I'll skip on the tea." I crossed my arms and leant back in the chair.

"Do you know of any illicit activities?"  Umbridge asked me.

"Yes, none in Hogwarts but there's this weird gang that hangs around the woods near my Gran's house." I told her, she frowned annoyed by my answer.

"I don't like your attitude, less of the sarcasm." She instructed. I nodded as if I was going to abide by the rule.

"Are there any students in Hogwarts that you think are... Plotting?" She asked me.

"No, well... No." I replied, she seemed to get a little bit excited by my answer.

"Why did you hesitate?" She asked a smile brimming on the corner of her mouth, thinking she had caught me out.

"I don't think you would appreciate it if I told you I was 'plotting' to have a party while my mum was getting engaged to her boyfriend at new years." I rambled. She sighed and pointed to the door signalling for me to leave.

"I'll see you back here at four, for detention." She called after me. I walked passed the line of students, waiting to be questioned. Neville saw me and gestured over to me.

"Here's your healing potion." Neville pressed a small bottle filled with red liquid into the passion of my hand.

"Thanks Neville, I owe you one." I nodded to him before continuing down the corridor.

()()()

I knocked at the door, dreading the next few hours. I heard a small giggle, the door was opened infront of me.

"Come in." The shrill voice I hated so much shouted. I trudged into the room, blinded by the overwhelming colour of pink for the second time today.

"Interesting decor." I nodded to Umbridge, sitting down at the desk infront of her own.

"Thank you." She said, picking up a quill.

"It wasn't really a compliment." I shook my head staring straight inti her eyes. She pressed her lips together and handed me the quill and a sheet of parchment.

"You shall write... I must not disrespect the rules." She leant back against her desk.

"No ink, right. It just scrapes the back of my hand." I asked her sarcastically. Her eyebrows arched but she said nothing.

I began to write, the jabbing feeling in my hand was uncomfortable but not unbearable. After about an hour and a half, Umbridge cleared her throat and reached out for the paper, a smug look on her face.

"I'll see you back here the same time tomorrow." She nodded as I was leaving.

"It's a date." I winked at her, before walking out the door.

"A date with Umbridge, you're going mad." A voice echoed throught the halls. I jumped at the sudden noise.

"Shh!" I covered Ron's mouth but we both began to laugh.

"How's your hand?" he asked once we were around he corner.

"Bleeding, but it's fine." I showed him my hand. My handwriting carved into the back of it, a bead of blood trickling slowly down my wrist.

"Yeah, perfectly fine." Ron rolled his eyes, using his sleeve to clear up some of the blood.

"I left Neville's healing potion in my room." I sighed after checking my pockets.

"I'll get it if you like." Ron offered.

"I'm sure I'll suffice through dinner." I rolled my eyes as we walked into the great hall.

"We were getting worried about you." Hermione told me as I sat down to dinner.

"You're bleeding?" Ginny pointed to my hand. I nodded.

"Malfoy got viscous, he's got really sharp teeth." Fred told her, she obviously had no idea if been in detention.

"What really happened?" She rolled her eyes taking my hand and staring at it.

"Detention with Umbridge." I said to her as she read the words on my hand.

"'I must not disrespect the rules' says the woman who's breaking the law." Ginny muttered.

A/n

Sorry it's been a week or so. I hope you're having a good day.

Until the next authors note,

A x