the croissants are good

()()() Let's fast forward to the weekend

"Wake up!" Hermione yelled, pulling a pillow from behind my head and smacking me with it.

"Good morning to you too." I grumbled rolling away from her, all the way to the other side of my bed and onto the floor.

"Ow!" I groaned, standing up.

"Well that's one way to wake yourself up." Ginny laughed, standing in the doorway.

"Why am I awake at 9 on a Saturday?" I asked Hermione checking the clock on the wall.

"Yule ball dress shopping." She said, like it was obvious.

"Oh." I said, I was planning on making mine all I needed was the fabric.

"Get dressed, it's hogsmeade time." Hermione said clapping her hands.

I pulled on jeans and a hoodie and put my hair in one long french braid down my back.

Once we were in the common room, I spotted Ron lying on the couch asleep, the same way he was a few days ago. Instead of waking him up nicely, I winked at Hermione and placed a cushion on the stone floor. I grabbed his ankle and hauled him off of the couch, his head landing on the cushion.

He shouted something that didn't sound english and was kicking his arms and legs around for a few seconds before she saw me looking down at him, laughing.

"Bloody hell, are you trying to kill me?" He shouted, but a smile had crept onto his face.

"There's nothing like an early morning skydive!" I giggled.

"Oh yes there is, it's called a heart attack." He said, standing up and brushing himself off.

()()()

"Hurry up!" Hermione scolded as I bit into my scone.

"Where are you going?" Ron asked me quietly.

"Dragging me off to hogsmeade to get a dress for the ball." I said.

"Oh." He said, looking down at his bacon roll.

"What?" I asked him.

"Well, I would've liked to see a dress that you made. I remember you told me once that you made a dress for you to wear to your aunt's wedding."
He said, pulling the braid in my hair.

"You remember I told you that? That was like a year ago? I am making it anyway, I just need to but the material. What colour should I make it?" I asked him. I felt his hand land on my thigh.

"You suit red." He said, biting into his roll.

"Red it is then." I replied, finishing my scone.

"Finally." Hermione said rolling her eyes and walking briskly out the dining hall.

"Shit, she's had a lot of caffeine this morning." I said rushing out after her.

()()()

"I like this pink one." Hermione said, nodding to her reflection in the mirror.

"You look great, 'mione." I said, smiling.

"I feel honored, you don't compliment anyone." She laughed.

"Really?" I asked, trying to remember the last time I complimented someone. She nodded slightly then disappeared behind the curtain of the changing room.

"Two and a half yards of that red velvet, please." I told the man in the shop. He was wearing an odd black mask that covered his eyes and a purple cloak.

"Seven galleons." He muttered. I heaved a sigh handing him the coins, that was a real chip off the old block.

"Thanks." I said, walking out of the shop with my paper bag.

()()()

I was sat in our room behind the kitchen, with a measuring tape and some pins.

"Where did you learn that?" Hermione asked me.

"My Dad's step mum, she was a muggle seamstress." I replied.

"Have you tried, the croissants that the elves make." Ron said, walking in, his mouth full.

"No Ronald, leave you can't see her dress yet!" Hermione scolded.

"Yes he can, calm down." I shook my head. Hermione huffed.

"I've got studying." She muttered walking out.

"Weird that." Ron said.

"What?" I asked looking up at him.

"She's beginning to pronounce 'Krum' as studying." He said, sitting cross legged on the floor next to me. I laughed a little, measuring the skirt out on my fabric.

A Ron pov (I thought this would be fun)

Y/n laughed but I could tell she was distracted by her dress making. She looked so concentrated. She was chewing on her lip as she stuck pins into her red fabric. Her hair was wavy from the braid she had in earlier, and her hair now hung over her face.

"You're staring" she said, without looking up.

"I've got something to stare at." I replied, I saw her smile slightly.

"Are you excited, for the ball?" I asked, knowing her answer.

"I'm not excited for the ball, you know, it's a social event. But I'm not dreading it as much as I thought I would." She said looking up for the first time.

"Eat." I said, shoving the rest of my croissant in her mouth. She chewed it happily.

"You weren't kidding, these are good." She laughed.

"Y/n, you know how we were going to do the irresponsible thing and let Hermione choose what happened with us?" I asked, turning her around to face me. She nodded, looking at me.

"What if she says we have to end things?" I asked, I expect her to look away, but y/n never does the expected.

"Since when do we have to listen to her, she makes a decision and if we like it we agree, if we don't we disagree." She shrugged, leaning towards me.

I sat for a moment staring into her dark green eyes, lost in them.

"You are really pretty." I said, pulling myself out of my trance.

"Nobody has ever called me pretty before. Not even my mum. She didn't believe in complimenting my looks, just my brain.' nobody gets a good job for being pretty, looks are a plus, but not the end all be all.' That's what she would say." She nodded, looking away, not accepting my compliment.

"You," I said, holding her chin between my pinky and thumb,

"Are gorgeous." I kissed her.

We were interrupted by a cough at the door. Ginny stood there, in silence staring at us.

"Oh shit, no one told Ginny." Y/n said chuckling.

"Told me what exactly?" Ginny asked her.

"That Ronnie and I kiss occasionally, not publicly." Y/n shrugged going back to pinning her dress.

Ginny looked at me shocked, I felt my cheeks burn up.
"The croissants are good." I said.

A/n
Umm, I'm having fun writing these, do you like the Ron pov? I might through one in occasionally.
The yule ball is next weekend so I might do a quick time skip, just for funsies.

Try to achieve two things on your to do list today.

Lots of love
A x