permission to marry her

"This is mad, who'd wanna ba taught be me? I'm a nutter remember!" Harry reminded us all as we walked towards the hogs heads in the snow.

"Look on the bright side: you can't be any worse than old toad face." Ron smiled at Harry who just frowned.

"Thanks Ron." He said sarcastically.

"I'm here for you, mate." Ron chuckled.

"Who's supposed to be meeting us then?" Harry sighed.

"Just a couple." Hermione glanced at me before pushing the door to the hogs head open.

"Lovely spot." Ron remarked, a goat ran across the room and the smell of dampness filled my nose.

"Thought it would be safer, somewhere of the beaten track." She told us. We shuffled in stomping the snow off of our boots. I took my hat off and sat down in a rocking chair next to the tree of them.

After about fifteen minutes, people began to arrive.

"Um, hi. We all know why we're here, we need a teacher, a proper teacher with experience defending themselves against the dark arts." Hermione addressed the group.

"Why?" A boy at the front asked.

"Why? Because You-know-who is back you tosspot." Ron defended.

"So he says." The boy nodded at Harry in disgust.

"So Dumbledore says." Hermione interrupted calmly.

"So Dumbledore says because he says. The point is where's the proof." The boy argued.

"If Potter could tell us more about how Diggory got killed..." A boy next to Ginny spoke up. Harry glanced at Cho at the mention of Cedric, before standing up.

"I'm not going to talk about Cedric, so if that's why you're here you might as well clear out now." Harry said loudly before turning his back and arguing quietly with Hermione.

"Is it true you can produce a Patronus charm?" Luna's light voice asked from the back of the room. Everyone turned to face her, then back to Harry.

"Yes, I've seen it." Hermione spoke up.

"Blimey Harry! I didn't know you could do that!" Dean called from the far corner of the room. I was surprised he was here, considering his best friend was convinced Harry was a liar.

"And he kill the basilisk with the sword Dumbledore's office." Neville added.

"It's true." Ginny nodded.

"Third year, he fought off about a hundred Dementors at once." Ron grinned at his best friends achievement.

"Last year he really did fight off You-know-who in the flesh." Hermione encouraged, Harry looked as though he was getting worked up.

"Look, it all sounds great when you say it like that but the truth is most of that was just luck. I didn't know what I was doing half the time. I nearly always had help." Harry insisted.

"He's just being modest." Hermione interrupted, shaking her head.

"No, Hermione I'm not!" Harry replied quickly.

"Facing this stuff in real life it's not like school. In school if you make a mistake you can just try again tomorrow but out there when you're a second away from being murdered, or watching a friend die right before your eyes. You don't know what that's like." Harry told the group.

Faces of remorse went around the room and George, who was sitting right infront of me glanced at me. He was frowning at me as if I had something to do with what Harry had just said.

"You're right Harry, we don't. That's why we need your help. Because if we're going to have any chance at beating... Voldemort." Hermione said his name shakily, I rolled my eyes at the faces people made in reaction to his name.

"Is he really back?" A small boy asked. Harry nodded glancing back at Cho.

I took a piece of parchment and wrote Dumbledore's Army at the top, then I signed my name. As I looked up I realized a queue had started for people to sign their names, I layed the paper on the table letting people sign it.

"Y/n, we just admitted that there's going to be a war, and when there is we're going to be fighting it." Ron said slowly processing everything on the walk back.

"Scary stuff." I nodded, he looked at me amused.

"What?" I asked, he took my gloves hand in his, before putting them in his jacket pocket.

"I mention the fact that we're possibly going to die and you say 'scary stuff', I'm almost convinced you aren't human sometimes." He shook his head.

"Who said I was human?" I asked, jokingly. He looked at me for a second a worried look on his face before he understood and grinned.

We caught up with the rest of the group as we headed into the bridge that lead to the front of Hogwarts.

"Right well, we still need somewhere to practice." Harry said.

"How about the shrieking shack?" Ginny asked.

"It's too small." Harry shook his head.

"Forbidden Forest?" Hermione added.

"Not bloody likely!" Ron shook his head beside me.

"What's your problem with spiders?" I muttered shaking my head.

"Harry, what happens if Umbridge does find out?" Ginny asked worriedly.

"Who cares? I mean, it's sort of exciting, isn't it? Breaking the rules." Hermione said grinning. We all looked at the girl confused by her out of character moment.

"Who are you and what have you done with Hermione Granger?" Ron asked sarcastically.

"Anyway, at least we know one positive thing that came from today." Hermione said knowingly.

"What's that?" Harry asked her.

"Cho couldn't take her eyes off you, could she?" She raised her eyebrows at him he looked embarrassed but proud at the same time.

Of course she was watching him, he was talking. It's just manners. I thought.

"Right, over the next few days we need to think of places that we could practice." Harry instructed as we headed through Hogwarts and into the common room.

"A letter came for you, y/n." Lee held a letter out.

"How did you get back here so quickly?" I asked taking the letter from him.

"I left before you." He shrugged sitting down and watching me open the letter.

Dear y/n

I have been with your mother for a while now, and I love her very much. So I felt it was only right to ask you for permission to marry her.

I know all about your past and I understand if you are hesitant about this at first. However, your mum is the most important thing in my life and I wouldn't let anything happen to her.

Please let me ask her to marry me.

Malcom

P.S. help me pick the ring during the Christmas holidays please, if you agree that is.