ton-tongue toffees

I fucked up, I'm sorry. I missed out the whole 'Arthur being attacked' thing. So um... Lmk if I should change the last few chapters (which would mean less uploads this week) or if we should just pretend it never happened? And sorry it's a bit later than I said, I've had a migraine all day. Anyways on with the chapter.

"Morning... Again." Ron opened his arms up, holding me in a hug at the top of the stairs.

"Come on, all of them are downstairs." I tried to take a step back. Ron shook his head.

"Five more seconds." He muttered into my ear. I sighed as he slowly counted back from five.

"Come on, now." He let me go hesitantly, before he followed me downstairs into the kitchen.

"Good morning you two, pancakes for breakfast." Molly placed a large platter of pancakes onto the table smiling at us. Ginny pushed the chair out beside her with her leg, gesturing for me to sit. Ron walked around the table and sat almost opposite.

"Merry Christmas, darling." Molly planted a wet kiss on Ron's cheek, he grimaced, fighting the urge to wipe it off.

"We'll do Christmas presents from your Dad and I before dinner tonight." Molly stroked Ginny's hair as she spoke to her family.

I looked over at Hermione, she smiled at me. I nodded another silent thank you for my present before trying a pancake.

The cold house was filled with the warmth of the Weasley family, their laughter and chatter bringing a smile to my face.

()()()

"Have you ever heard of Bing Crosby?" Hermione lifted a record from a stack. Everyone shook their heads.

"Not even you, Harry?" Hermione smiled as a song began to play.

"Chestnuts roasting on an open fire..."

"Oh, I know this song though." Harry nodded, a small smirk grew on his face.

"Butterbeer, for everybody!" Ron placed a tray of butterbeer on the table. Hands fought over the tallest glass.

"Is that fire still good?" Molly shouted from the kitchen. All our heads turned towards the roaring fire.

"It's fine, mum!" Fred called back.

"Budge up." Ron sat down beside me, his arm over my shoulder.

"I'll start." Hermione rapidly handed out all the presents from her.

"Feels like a book." I smiled at her, feeling like I was repeating what I had said only this morning. It was immaculately wrapped. I opened it less carefully this time, gold letters stood out from the green canvas cover.

"Lord of the Rings, read that one when you finnish The Hobbit. And I took the dust cover off because I think it looks better without, but if you want it it's upstairs." She told me enthusiastically.

"It's great Hermione, thank you." I smiled as George opened his envelope.

"No, you didn't." George whispered as Fred opened his own. Hermione grinned as the twins faced lit up.

"What is it?" Harry asked leaning over the couch to see what they had.

"After mum made us bin the ton-tongue toffees, we couldn't get the recipe the same." George began.

"But she's done it, she's gone and figured the whole thing out. This must've taken hours!" Fred grinned at the parchment in his hands before looking at Hermione who sat cross legged on the floor. George pulled her off the ground with a hug. Fred followed after, kissing her on the cheek.

"What?" Ginny interrupted the moment, a look of terror in her face as she read the packaging for her gift. It was a light pink ball, that I could smell from here, smelled like rose's. She was holding it away from her face, like it was going to set on fire.

"It's not a real bomb." Hermione laughed, confusing all of us.

"It's a bath bomb, put it in the bath, it'll make it smell nice and look pretty." She grinned, as Ginny relaxed a bit.

"Well if I blow up in the bath, we know who to blame." Ginny pointed at Hermione as she lowered the ball back into the labeled paper bag.

"Harry, Ron." She sat back, looking between them both. They each had a brown envelope.

Ron moved his arm from around my shoulder to open it. A card came from within.

"One free essay." Ron read slowly, before gasping. Harry's eyes were illuminated as they looked towards their best friend.

"You're a life saver 'mione." Ron hugged her tightly.

"I'll only do it if you can keep the card safe till you need to use it, and it only works for the rest of the school year." Hermione explained as she gave Harry a one armed hug.

"Can you keep this till I need it?" Ron whispered to me as everyone else spoke.

"You owe me one." I took the card from him at tucked it in the front cover of the book.

A/n

New chapters tomorrow hun, I have the day off. This is just one third of the Christmas chapters.

Remember you can message me or leave a comment if you have any requests for this story.

idk if you noticed this isn't a 'beginning, middle, end' kind of thing. This is just a 'lets follow along but add some zest' but for half-blood prince I have some good stuff in mind.

Okay night night x