Eight inches

"What?" Lee asked as I stared at the letter.

"Malcom wants to marry my mum." I smiled at the paper I was holding. Of course I would let him, I'm just surprised that he asked me first.

"That's good isn't it?" Ron leaned over my shoulder trying to read the letter.

"So nosy." I smiled handing him the letter.

"Am I invited?" Fred asked from across the room.

"I just think it's odd that Malcom asked me permission to ask her." I ignored Fred.

"So he'll probably ask you to help with the invites." George shrugged.

"Why do you two want to go to a wedding?" Hermione asked the twins.

"Open bar." Fred began to list.

"Ladies." George added.

"Music."

"Food."

"Product promotion."

"Open bar? Who do you think I am? My mum isn't made if money." I rolled my eyes at the twins.

"No, but Malcolm is at, like, the higher end of middle class." Ron said beside me, taking me by surprise.

"Did you do research on him?" I asked surprised. Ron went red.

"Yes, he did." Harry confirmed, earning himself a look of disbelief from Ron.

"Well you were spending all summer with him, I just asked my dad a few things." He hesitated staring at me.

"Well, I didn't even know that he was 'rich'. Guess there will be an open bar. What else do you know about him?" I shrugged.

"He's a half-blood, lived in Windermere, has a brother and a sister and his Patronus is a hare." Ron listed on his fingers.

"Maybe you should put as much effort into your school work." Ginny stuck her tongue out at her brother.

"A hare? My mum's Patronus is a rabbit." I smiled.

"Anyway, I've got a letter to write." I smiled slapping my legs as I stood up.

()()()

"Eight inches apart!" Fred shouted throwing a book across the common room at us.

"We aren't even doing anything, she's sitting next to me!" Ron shouted at his brother.

"Ah yes, sitting the most sexual act one could attempt." George shook his head at us both in fake disappointment.

"Are you coming to ours at Christmas?" Fred asked, sitting down next to me.

"For a bit." I shrugged.

"Why do you care?" Ron asked.

"We were planning on sitting together." George grinned at his brother, meanwhile Fred was drumming on my lap with his wand.

"Eight inches!" I shouted, shoving him off the couch.

"Wow!" George blinked at his brother who was lying on the floor.

"I've never heard you shout before." Fred groaned from the ground.

"That's what you get when you don't follow the rules." Ron made a face at Fred who was still dramatically sprawled out on the floor before he put his arm over my shoulder.

"Where's everyone else?" George frowned at the lack of people in the room.

"Studying, like we were trying to do before we were assaulted by your airborne library." I threw the book that Fred had thrown at us onto him.

"I think he's dead." George prodded him with his foot.

"That or he's melted into the rug." Ron nodded kicking his brother.

"Thank Godric, I've been trying to get rid of that git since we were in the womb together. Do you know how hard it is to absorb another human being?" George stood above his brother kicking him in the ribs.

"Ouch! Don't kick me when I'm napping, we spoke about this!" Fred growled at his twin, slowing sitting up from the ground.

"We should get back to this then." Ron sighed sitting back down and staring at the potions book. He was quiet for a moment before he looked back up.

"I've read the same sentence three times and none of it is still in my brain." He stared at his book shaking his head. I grabbed my defense against the dark arts book that Umbridge had given us and read through it.

Ron's pov

I looked up from my potions notes at y/n who was curled up in the corner of the couch with a slight frown in her face as she read.

"This is useless, do you know that? She might as well give us the answers to the test. And no magic, it's ridiculous." She closed the book harshly, the force of the closing pages caused a small breeze of wind to brush away the hair that was hanging over her face.

"So, the muggles celebrate new years with fireworks and stuff. So my mum being the muggle enthusiast that she is, wants to go see the firework displays with Malcom. That's when he is going to propose. Anyway they will be gone for the weekend so you, the twins, Ginny, Harry, Hermione and Lee are all invited to my house for new years." She smiled at me, tucking her hair behind her ears before chewing on a hangnail.

"I'll check with mum." I nodded at her.

"And stop doing that." I pulled her hand away from her mouth. She stared at me confused.

"What was I doing?" She looked at me confused.

"Biting on your hangnails, you do it all the time." I took her hand in my own.

"Oh I like this one." She smiled as Blackbird by the beetles came onto the record player. She had been teaching me all different muggle songs.

She began stacking all her books in a pile as she absent mindedly sang along to the song. She was quite a good singer actually.

"You're not a bad singer you know." The small smile on her face dropped and she looked blankly at me before the record began to jump. She walked over to fix it fiddling around.

"You're supposed to be happy when someone compliments you." I walked up behind her my arms around her waist.

"And this record is supposed to work." She dusted off the record placing it back in it's place. She placed the needle randomly onto the record before Let it Be began to play halfway into thr chorus.

I swayed slowly to the music kissing her neck as we swayed.

"Eight inches!" Fred shouted appearing from nowhere and throwing a quill at us.

"Eight inches my ass." I heard y/n mutter as she changed the song to one I haven't heard yet.

A/n

The next chapter will have the main storyline plot to it. I just wanted to add a little pazzaz (idk how to spell that, pissazz, pizza, pissass?) Anyway, the point is dada lesson one, will be in the next chapter. Also I just ate six melatonin gummies because I was bored, so if I don't post for a while I'm in a vitamin induced coma. I don't know why the font went back to normal but I'm to tired to change it. You also gave me five hundred and fifty reads today, I'd like to thank you all for having a strange desire to be with a fictional character. K bye.

Stay healthy (and awake),

A x