Are you threatening me?

"Try the coconut one." Ron smiled, pushing a plate of desserts toward me.

"I don't like coconut.". I shook my head pushing the plate back towards him.

"You're an abomination." Ron shook his head at me as he started eating eagerly again.

I looked up and watched as Seamus glared at Harry. Harry shifted uncomfortably in his seat, but didn't have time to worry about it as Dumbledore stood at the front of the great hall and cleared his throat.

"Good evening, children. Now we have two changes in staffing this year. We are pleased to welcome back Professors Grubbly-Plank, who'll be taking care of magical creatures while Professor Hagrid is on temporary leave." Dumbledore informed us, frowns came from both Hermione and Ron.

"We also wish to welcome our new defense against the dark arts teacher, Professor Delores Umbridge." Dumbledore announced, waving his arm towards a lady dressed from head to toe in a revolting shade of pink. She gave a high pitched giggle.

"I'm sure you'll all join me in wishing the Professor good luck. As usual our care taker Mr Filch has asked me to remind you-" Dumbledore was cut off by someone clearing their throat squeakily. All eyes were turned toward the new DADA teacher as she rose in her chair and walked towards Dumbledore's side.

"She was at my hearing,she works for fudge." Harry whispered, Hermione glanced at him worriedly.

"Thank you headmaster, for those kind words of wisdom." She giggled.

"And how lovely to see all your bright, happy faces smiling up at me. I'm sure we're all going to be very good friends." She said with a sickening grin. I looked around the hall at the unamused faces.

"That's likely." The twins said, a few giggles followed.

"The ministry of magic has always considered the education of young witches and wizards to be of vital importance. Although each headmaster has brought something new to this historic school, progress for the sake of progress must be discouraged. Let us preserve what must be preserved. Perfect what can be perfected and prune practice's that ought to be prohibited." She finished with a sickening laugh as a quiet applause went across the hall.

"I don't know what any of that meant, but I don't like her." I sighed.

"What a load of waffle." Ron muttered.

"But what does it mean?" Harry whispered as Dumbledore began to talk again.

"It means the ministry is interfering at hogwarts." Hermione said worriedly.

I zoned out as Dumbledore continued his usual talk on the rules at Hogwarts.

Interfering at Hogwarts, but why?

()()()

I was sat opposite Neville in the common room, he was telling me about his plant, a mimbletona. The room went quiet, other than some music. I looked up and saw Harry, stood infront of Seamus and Dean.

"Dean, Seamus. Good holiday?" He asked nervously.

"Alright, better than Seamus's anyway." Dean replied quietly.

"Me mam didn't want me to come back this year." Seamus said threateningly, as he stood infront of Harry with is fist's clenched.

"Well, why not?" Harry asked.

"Let's see,eh, because of you. The daily profits been saying a lot about you, and about Dumbledore as well."

"What and your mum believes it?"

"Well, nobody was there the night cedric died."

"I guess you should read the profit then, like your stupid mother it'll tell you everything you need to know."

"Don't you dare talk about my mother like that!"

"I'll have a go at anyone who calls me a liar!" The boys were shouting as Ron walked into he common room.

"What's going on?" He asked the arguing boys.

"He's mad is what's going on! Do you believe the rubbish he's coming up with about You-know-who?" Seamus said pointing his finger at Harry.

"Yeah, I do. Has anyone else got a problem with Harry?" He said threateningly looking around the common room, before following Harry up the stairs.

"Seamus Finnegan." I shouted, when the boys were out of earshot. He turned quickly in his seat as I walked over to him. The room went quiet again everyone was watching.

"You mutter one more word about Harry Potter, I'll slit your throat." I whispers in his ear so that no one else could hear.

"Are you threatening me?" He shouted back at me.

"No, it's a promise." I hissed walking back towards Neville.

"What did you say?" Neville asked me, leaning over the table.

"It's a secret." I smiled at him, winking.

"Are you winking at another man, or do my eyes deceive me?" Ron asked walking towards us.

"Your eyes are completely fine. Why aren't you with Harry?" I asked him as I kicked a chair out from under the table for him to join us.

"Wanted to be alone." He told us, rolling his eyes.

"Where's Hermione?" I asked both the boys.

"Library." They both replied.

"The first day? That girl is mental." I chuckled.

"So Neville, did you bring your new records?" I asked him, smirking at Ron.

"Yeah, I'll bring them down here tomorrow. I've got all kinds of songs; the beetles, Queen, ACDC and ABBA." He smiled, proud of his growing collection.

"My mum likes ABBA." I told him, smiling to myself. Ron owes me two galleons.