Interlude: Journey To The Reverse

The events told in this little side story take place one week after the Fourth Heaven's Feel.

After returning to his world, a certain Foreigner decided to pay a visit to his first contractor and see how her life was going after his departure. 

Unfortunately, due to his own carelessness and innate curiosity about this new universe, he took a series of detours on his way.

This is one such story.

_______________________________

(Y/N) (L/N) was certain that he had no goddamn idea where he was, but his adventures often started with this concept, so this didn't bother him.

(Y/N): I don't think we're in Kansas anymore.

Shinketsu: *sarcastically* Gee, you think?

This new world was... surprisingly beautiful.

Distant snow-capped mountains, rolling and gentle hills of verdant green with healthy trees occasionally dotting them, a forest a couple of kilometers away from him-

(Y/N): I gotta kill those trees. No idea why, but I gotta.

Shinketsu: Figured that'd be your first thought of the scenery.

The air was incredible. Clean and crisp, free of any trace of pollution or corruption. And most importantly, free of any people in his vicinity, granting him some much-appreciated solitude.

Until it was taken away from him.

???: Fou!

He blinked, having heard the familiar cry. He looked down, and there it was, looking up at him.

(Y/N): Furball? 

Fou: Fou, fou!

The critter hopped to his usual place on his shoulder before patting him on the cheek in his own way of greeting. (Y/N) raised an eyebrow.

(Y/N): Fancy seeing you here. 

Fou: Kyu?

(Y/N): Oh, I was on my way to visit a certain someone, buuuuuuut...

Fou: Fou. (Translation: Idiot)

(Y/N): Oi, fuck off. What even is this place? Looks like what one would think of Eden or something like that.

Fou: Fou, fou. Kyu.

Shinketsu: What do you mean by "Reverse Side" of the world?

Fou: Fou.

The critter then gave a summarized explanation of what their current location was. 

They were in the "Reverse Side of The World", placed in an inner layer below the surface of the normal world. It was a world where supernatural beings, or Phantasmal Species, ha retreated to after the "Age of Gods".

(Y/N): Oh, so we're on a lower floor of the planet. Hmm... Well, this isn't a lower circle of hell, so I'm kinda lost. Buuuuut, the solution should be to punch a hole in the sky to get to the surface, right?

Fou: Fou, fou.

(Y/N): *sarcastically* Of course it's not that simple. 

Shinketsu: So, what's there to do here? 

(Y/N): Well, this new world looks pretty nice. Let's explore a bit and see what we can blow up and/or fight.

_________________________

And travel they did. 

They quickly found out that the layout of the Reverse wasn't much different from the normal world. For example, there was a place called "Avalon" in the same coordinates where the United Kingdown would be. This allowed them to travel with much more ease and with a sense of direction.