SN Chapter 17: Operation 'Confuse, Defuse and Abuse'

Later, Mt. Enzo

It was a cold night and the moon shone above. The sound of the trees ruffling was the only thing heard aside from the wind.

Overall, kind of a cliche, with the dramatic atmosphere and all that, but Ayaka wasn't nitpicking. She and everyone else wanted to get this war over with.

Rin: We've bypassed the Bounded Field. 

Sakura: Do you think she'll send any familiars at us?

Ayaka: Sending waves of familiars at us so we're tired when we get to the boss battle? That'd be the smart thing to do, but she's underestimating us.

Rin: Right. We should keep it that way. We don't want a Caster from the Age of The Gods to go full-force at us.

Sakura: That makes sense. I hope the others are alright, though...

Ayaka: They'll be fine, just focus on one thing at a time. We're on the clock here.

They weren't under a strict schedule, but they needed to get this fight done to go to the church as a reinforcement if things went awry.

Plus, there was the looming threat of (Y/N)'s upcoming fight. Sure, he wouldn't endanger them in any way, but everyone else was pretty much free game, or "Free Killstreak" as he called it.

Now, she wouldn't risk another's life on purpose, but if it came down to someone she was close to and a bunch of randos? Let's just say that (Y/N) would be immensely proud of having another war criminal in the family.

Okay, she was going into a tangent. It was time for business, so get your head in the game, Sajyou.

Soon enough, the gate entrance to the temple was in sight, this time being completely unguarded thanks to (Y/N) revoking Assassin's life privileges on her orders.

She exchanged nods with Rin and Sakura. There wasn't any time to waste. Without hesitating, she walked straight into the lion's den once more.

The temple's grounds were desolate, but the mana lingering in the air couldn't be omitted. This was a Caster's workshop, where they were at their strongest.

There was nobody in sight. Ayaka wasn't going to risk an ambush.

Ayaka: Berkannan.

She knelt and traced a tracking rune on the ground. She immediately found a presence straight ahead. 

???: Why, little magus, if you wanted to speak to me, you only needed to say it out loud.

Caster materialized from her astral form hovering in midair. She saw Rin and Sakura tense out of the corners of her eye as the witch's wicked smile only widened.

Caster: And you've brought friends to this little get-together. It seems you seek to end things once and for all-

It just so happened Caster was so busy monologuing and expecting Ayaka to humor her that she almost didn't notice Ayaka just raising an arm toward her.

Ayaka: Oh, look, a corpse is talking.

Without warning, she fired the massive Gandr spell that her sister was known to use. As expected, Caster was quick enough to put up a barrier, but she was satisfied to see the smug smirk evaporating from her face.

Caster: Insolent girl. Very well, then.

Suddenly, as if it were straight out of a movie, skeletons started to rise out of the ground. Before they knew it, the three girls were surrounded by skeletal warriors of various sizes, some of them bearing weapons.