SN Chapter 13: Strive To Survive

Five Minutes Later, Mt. Enzo

Damn it! Damn it! Damn it! Fucking damn it!

How could she have not seen this coming?! Of course the enemy would exploit anyone important if it was for the sake of eliminating another Master! 

This was all her fault. She should have been smarter. She should have been faster. She should have been better

(Y/N): We're here.

Thank the heavens (Y/N) could teleport straight to their destination. He was unusually solemn as he matched her pace, neither quipping nor making light of the situation.

Good. She wasn't in the mood for jokes either.

It wasn't long until they reached the entrance to Ryuudou Temple. Ayaka saw a figure guarding the gate like a guardian dog. A guardian dog with an almost comically long katana.

Assassin: Well, well. You seem to be in quite a rush. I suppose the witch's message was intended for you.

Ayaka: Get out of the way.

Assassin: I'm afraid I can't do that, young miss. The only way you shall pass would be by besting me.

Ayaka: ...You asked for it.

At any other time, she would be mildly intimidated by the skilled swordsman guarding the gate.

Ayaka: (Y/N).

(Y/N): Hmm?

Had she possessed any other Servant, she would be mortified at the thought of being stalled.

Ayaka: You see that Servant guarding the gate?

(Y/N): Yeah.

But now? That Servant was nothing more than a goddamn annoyance.

Ayaka: I don't want to.

One moment, Assasin stood there, his sword drawn. The next moment, he wasn't

Now standing in front of the gate, (Y/N) tightened his gloves and fixed his tie with a rather casual expression. When Ayaka's brain finally caught up to what had just transpired, she briefly contemplated it.

She had officially drawn first blood and her Servant had just killed another one. She thought it would happen in some kind of epic battle, not something so... anticlimactic.

But she didn't have time for games. 

Ayaka: Let's go.

She resumed a brisque pace as she stormed past him and entered the lion's den. This was certainly a trap they were walking into, but she couldn't be bothered to care.

She just needed to save her. After that, she would deal with everything else.

The inside of the temple was just as bleak as she remembered it, complete with the abundance of magical energy in the air. This was Caster's workshop, where she would be at her strongest.

No signs of Ayako. Damn it.

???: In modern times, there exists an expression: "Welcome to my parlor", said the spider to the fly.

There were, however, signs of the bitch Ayaka was going to kill for this. Caster appeared in front of them, the only thing visible under her robes being that amused smirk of hers.

Caster: However, I believe butterfly would be more appropriate. Wouldn't you agree, little magus? Then again-

Ayaka: (Y/N), search the area. Bring her to me.