AV Chapter 17: Lights of Sky Silver

She sang without stopping once.

Her precious children were battling with each other and doing each other harm.

Her beloved outsider was separated from her.

She could only sing a melancholic melody.

But no matter what, she would never turn away from the plight of her children.

Even if they rejected her, she would keep loving them.

_____________________________

What had once been a peaceful atmosphere in a simple temple had descended into complete pandemonium as the final battle began.

(Y/N) briefly glanced at the altar, where both Rulers and the Masters stood. Jeanne and Shirou were most likely guarding the Masters, and they knew that the magnitude of the battle was beyond both of them.

Speaking of the battle, he was in the middle of a fun activity: Making sure Lancers lived up to their reputation. 

(Y/N): Man, two Lancers to "ga shinda"?! This is going to be fun!

He cackled as he clashed with the Lancer of Red for a fleeting moment. He offhandedly batted Karna's spear away from him before striking a punch. It did little damage due to Karna's armor nullifying 9/10 of the damage, plus his own B-Rank Endurance.

His solution was to punch Karna one thousand times harder. Simple, yet effective.

Moderate damage, yet Karna seemed unphased and his technique didn't slow down at all. He supposed the Lancer wouldn't go down so easily.

(Y/N): Speaking of Lancers, where's the other one...?

Shinketsu: Heads up.

He reached out and grasped something in his hand. He raised an eyebrow as he eyed the golden chains with curiosity. He blinked, finding himself wrapped in the same divine chains. Something did indeed feel odd about them, but not enough for him to pay it any mind.

(Y/N): It's getting hot, though... Probably because they're about to throw some kinda nuke at me... Or this Reality Marble took us to Australia.

He looked over and saw Karna, who had gained distance, about to throw his lance as it exploded in a colossal stream of flames.

Karna: Brahmastra Kundala!

(Y/N): Oh, good, a nuke is way easier to handle.

He had to give credit, though. It was the first time he had been subjected to a Noble Phantasm with the power of a nuclear explosion. Karna certainly didn't disappoint.

...That was what he would say if he wasn't (Y/N) (L/N), certified madman. Nukes were like bubble wrap to him. Small, satisfying to pop, and to be detonated in triple digits at the very least.

He nonchalantly willed the massive explosion to nothing as he dusted his shoulders in mockery. Not even something like a Reality Marble could stop him from messing around with reality.

(Y/N): ...I'm gonna make one of those things. One day, I'm gonna shout "DOMAIN EXPANSION!" and cast my own Reality Marble!

Shinketsu: Wrong franchise, same concept. This one did it first, so I guess it's fine.

He put a mental note into developing a Reality Marble (Why? For the hell of it, of course), as he took off into the air. 

Hundreds, if not thousands of arrows immediately followed in his wake, each with the power and accuracy of a homing missile. He looked closer and saw many glyphs amongst the arrows, guiding them and enhancing them even further.