Chapter 7: A Pretty COOOOL Day

Nighttime, Einzbern Castle

Night had fallen, signaling a new battle in the Holy Grail War. Saber stood at the side of a conference room as her Master and her ward discussed strategies.

Kiritsugu: There are currently three spots in Fuyuki where the leylines converge. The Tohsaka Manor, the Fuyuki Chapel, and the new residential area east of the city center. These three spots, without Mount Enzo, have all the characteristics for the Grail to appear.

Saber glanced at Irisviel with a mixture of sadness and pity. The sweet and optimistic woman did not deserve her cruel fate. She understood that this was what she, a homunculus, was created for, but she did not approve of it.

Nonetheless, she pressed on. There was nothing she could do but that.

Kiritsugu: That covers the lay of the land. Any questions?

Irisviel: Can we assume that the others will go after Caster or Foreigner?

Kiritsugu: A full set of Command Seals was offered for the latter, it's a safe bet. Then again, with Foreigner being so powerful, and his Master being completely under the radar, they won't find them that easily. However, in regards to Caster, we have an advantage.

Saber frowned. She and Irisviel happened to cross paths with Caster the previous night. It was an experience she would rather not repeat.

Kiritsugu: He believes Saber to be Jeanne d'Arc, which is to our benefit. We simply need to wait for him to come to us.

Saber: Master, that is not enough. His evil deeds must be punished. We have to take the fight to him before he does any more damage.

Kiritsugu: ...Iri, do you have a handle on this forest's Bounded Fields?

Irisviel: Yes, but the real problem lies in Saber's curse. It has been 18 hours since... yesterday's incident. Saber's wound hasn't healed, meaning that Lancer still lives.

Saber did not blame the uneasiness of her tone. She herself was confused and very angered with yesterday's events. Her Master desired to dispose of a Master by collapsing an entire building on him, suing his dishonorable yet effective methods. To his credit, Kiritsugu would have evacuated the hotel beforehand, but that did not happen.

Instead, the hotel had exploded into a ball of raging flames, killing dozens of innocent lives. It happened in the madness caused by a ridiculous act caused by the Foreigner wanting to antagonize Archer.

All of that and the objective hadn't even been completed. Innocents slaughtered for nothing. Kiritsugu seemed completely nonplussed by this, which fueled her displeasure.

Kiritsugu: Chasing after Lancer won't be necessary. Use your knowledge of the land to confuse, the enemy, keeping Saber away from him.

Saber suppressed a snarl from appearing unto her face. Her Master wouldn't have her fight against such an abominable monster?!

Irisviel: You won't have her fight Caster?

Kiritsugu: Someone else will deal with him even if we don't. The ones hunting Caster and Foreigner will make for better targets. I'll attack from their flanks and take them out.

Saber: Master... To what depths do you intend to sink?! You insult all Heroic Spirits! Why do you not allow me to fight? Do you not trust me, your own Servant?!

Kiritsugu: You cannot fight at your full power, and Caster's abilities are unknown. It would be moronic to take the fight to Caster as it is.

Saber: Yet knowing what atrocities he and his Master have committed, you fully intend on staying your hand until they come to us?!