SN Chapter 15: Alliance of Vengeance

Sajyou Residence, Living Room

Rin: Sakura, is there any left?

Sakura: I don't think you need more coffee inside your system, Big Sis.

Rin: You've had as many cups as I had!

Sakura: ...Fair point. Yes, there's more.

Rin: Good. Another one, then.

Rin sighed as she sipped from a very full cup of expresso. She had lost count of how many cups she had since last night.

Archer: Rin, I understand how you feel, but this isn't exactly healthy. You haven't slept at all.

Rin: I don't need sleep, I need payback, Archer.

She hadn't slept one bit. There was too much on her mind to properly fall asleep.

For the last 10 years, her father's killer had been right in front of her all along. The sick bastard probably had a laugh every time he saw Rin and Sakura as he became their legal guardian. 

Not only was it infuriating, but she felt completely humiliated. To have been made a fool of for an entire decade brought both shame and indignation.

Good thing Sakura stopped her in time, or else she would have acted recklessly and into a suicidal situation. They had spent the entire night stewing in anger, never sleeping a wink.

Rider: I must concur with Archer. This is an unhealthy course of action, Master.

Sakura: I'm sorry, Rider, but there's too much on our minds to sleep properly. We'll take care of it today, hopefully.

Neither Rin nor Sakura could sleep. Not until they personally made the bastard pay.

Now, they were waiting for everyone in the house to wake up. As much as she didn't like to admit it, Sajyou's sheer talent and her impossibly powerful maniac of a Servant would be invaluable allies if they wanted this to succeed. 

Then again, something happened to Sajyou when she rushed off to save Mitsuzuri... Not that Rin cared about her well-being or anything, mind you... but it would be better to have everyone in top condition. That was all, of course.

???: Okay, I may not make coffee on a daily basis, but whole coffee beans aren't cheap, Tohsaka.

And there it was. Honestly, she was worried for nothing... Wait, no, she wasn't worried at all!

Ayaka: Oh, well. No big deal. Might as well make myself a cappuccino while you're at it.

Rin raised an eyebrow at this and took a look at Sajyou. She looked exactly the same, of course, but... There was a different air to her now. 

She wasn't slacking in her posture, nor was there the perpetually tired and moody expression of hers. There was now a calm serenity and an easygoing smile, her stance much more relaxed yet confident.

Rin swore she was looking at someone else at first glance. Someone kind of familiar... What happened to Sajyou?

Ayaka: You said that out loud, by the way.

Rin: Wha- Ugh, figures. 

Ayaka: Yeah. Thanks for asking, though. Are you okay on your end? I'm up to speed with the situation, which explains why you haven't slept.

Rin: *sarcastically* Oh, and what, are you going to scold me for not sleeping enough now? 

Ayaka: No, it's cool. I don't think I would've slept through the night with what happened... Wanna talk about it? Trust me, it helps.