Chapter 15: Unstoppable Force

Later, Fuyuki Rooftop

Manaka smiled as her Servant arrived from literally saving the world. Then, she huffed at his smug grin.

(Y/N): *sarcastically* Servant Avenger, Angry Man Jew, reporting for duty. I just saved the world, anything else to offer?

Manaka: Yes, yes, good job, you.

(Y/N): D'aw, I missed you too.

Fou: Fou!

Without warning, the small creature hopped off Manaka and perched himself at his usual spot in (Y/N)'s shoulder. He gave (Y/N) a pat on the cheek with his paw, as if saying "good job".

(Y/N): Yeah, thanks. The Grand guy's prolly returned to his usual spot to recharge mana.

Shinketsu: So, we're done for the night?

Manaka: Nope. See, I just met Zelretch and Arcueid, who were totally useless in what just happened, and they left saying they were investigating something.

(Y/N): Typical. Running away when you need them for something. Vampires, am I right?

Manaka: Since you and the knight were enough to deal with the Types, that got me thinking: "Most of these Servants are pretty useless and would just slow us down". So...

Shinketsu: You want to dispose of the useless ones and get closer to winning the Grail, right?

Manaka: Yep. 

(Y/N): And we're gonna screw the rules in the process?

Manaka: Yep.

(Y/N): Now we're talking. Whaddya have in mind?

Manaka: First, a coin toss. Pick heads or tails.

(Y/N): Tails, since my boots love kicking them.

Manaka: Alright, then.

She flipped a coin in the air and caught it. And the result was...

Manaka: Hea- Wait, tails?

(Y/N): *smirk* You would've used magecraft to rig it, huh? Bet you didn't count my beyond EX-Rank Protag Luck in that equation.

Manaka: Hmph. Fine. Lancer it is.

(Y/N): You sure got it out for Lancer, huh?

Manaka: E-Rank Luck.

(Y/N): Ah. Gotcha. Let's get to work, then.

_______________________________

Fuyuki Church

Risei Kotomine felt no amount of joy from what had just transpired. If anything, he saw it coming from far away.

Not the matter of Caster's rampage right before annihilation (Which had somehow been stopped anyway, according to Zelretch), but to the agonizing man in front of him.

Kayneth: Damn... you...!

The Master of Lancer, or FORMER Master of Lancer, crippled and desperate, had earned the right for Caster's additional Command Seal, and after he had claimed it, he had tried to assassinate him by gunshot.

At another time, it would have gone flawlessly, but Assassin's presence was the key to saving his own life.

Risei: How very disappointing. I didn't think the Master of the esteemed Archibald family would resort to murdering the overseer to gain an advantage.

Kayneth: Y-You... You are not an overseer! You are conspiring... with someone else, are you not, Risei Kotomine?!

Risei: Perhaps. Perhaps not. Be that as it may, Assassin saw fit to terminate you, a Master. This is acceptable within the rules of this war.