AV Chapter 6: Three Factions, One Party

Jeanne was almost arriving at Sighisoara to investigate the Red Faction and the recent murders, when she was struck by a small earthquake. She looked to the skies and was briefly struck speechless.

Jeanne: A fortress...?!

An unimaginably enormous construction stood before her, built from systematically ordered floating masses, floors of marble, and many pillars. Every kind of plant life was entangled and intertwined all over in a unification of unsightly disorder and luxurious beauty.

This was less of a garden and more of a fortress... and less of a fortress and more of a floating weapon. There was no mistaking it; this aerial garden was a flying castle.

 There was no mistaking it; this aerial garden was a flying castle

HANGING GARDENS OF BABYLON: AERIAL FORTRESS OF VANITY

At the speed it was going, it was a fact that it would strike at the Fortress of Millenia before the next day. There was no mistaking it, this was the Red Faction.

Jeanne: I must contact them!

Without hesitating, she raced towards the floating construct. It was at quite a high altitude, so she would have to search for a high enough position for her to leap towards it.

Just then, a flash of green emerged from the fortress, headed straight towards her. It would reach her in less than 5 seconds-

4 seconds, to be precise. She managed to get out of the way just in time for the incoming projectile to crash in front of her. Had the Red Faction sent another Servant to eliminate her?

???: Yo! You're the Ruler, right?

From the smoke emerged a shining chariot drawn by three strong-muscled horses. From the chariot grinned a Servant, which Ruler immediately identified.

Jeanne: Rider of Red, Achilles.

Achilles: That special privilege... Yeah, you're the Ruler alright.

Jeanne: Have you come to kill me, like you Lancer was ordered to?

Achilles: Not this time. *sigh* Really, why was I the one chosen to be the escort? That queen could've just lowered that damn thing, but I guess she's not comfortable if she's not looking down at everything from the heavens.

Jeanne: Escort, you say?

Achilles: Yeah, I'm here to pick you up to meet the Master. Don't ask questions, just get on, will you? I don't fancy anyone other than myself riding my chariot.

Jeanne: I see. Then, please excuse me.

The chariot was quite spacious, so Jeanne was easily able to fit in without bothering the Rider. Achilles huffed before chuckling mischievously.

Achilles: Oh, and you better hold on. We're going a tad bit fast.

It was very lucky that Jeanne was firmly holding onto the side of the chariot or else she would have surely been blown away by the sudden acceleration.