Chapter 10: The All-Knowing Girl and The Wandering Outsider

"Don't leave me, please! Just stay awake!"

"Why... are you crying... Big Sister? You shouldn't... cry..."

"No, no, no! Stay awake! You're strong, Ayaka, so PLEASE DON'T GIVE UP!"

"It's okay if I go to sleep... You're perfect, Big Sister... No one will really mind if I'm gone..."

"I need you! Please, you're the only one I have left!"

"Haha... That makes me happy... I'm sorry... for being a bother..."

"Ayaka?!"

"Don't worry... I'm just going to sleep... for a bit..."

"Ayaka?! Ayaka! AYAKA!"

...

...

...

"Why? Why was this world so cruel to you? Why, why, why, why, why, why, WHY?!"

...

...

...

"...This world... I'll destroy it..."

...

...

...

"Everything must end... I will create a new one... for you..."

....

...

...

"I'll create a new world... in which you won't have to suffer... a world where you'll be happy!"

...

...

...

"Kuhuhuhu... KYAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

____________________________

???: OI, THERE'S A LIMIT ON HOW CREEPY YOU CAN GET! WAKE UP, DAMN IT!

She opened her eyes, almost hyperventilating. The visage of her Servant was enough to calm her down.

Manaka: ...Foreigner? What time is it?

(Y/N): 4 a.m., you fucking nutcase. Crazy as hell, man.

She couldn't help but acknowledge the extreme hypocrisy in his complaints, but then again, he wasn't wrong either.

(Y/N): Damn, the auto-subwoofers were set to wake you up at this hour, but you already beat them to it. You must've had one hell of a nightmare.

Manaka: How... How did you know?

(Y/N): You were laughing and crying while you slept. Seriously creepy stuff. Like, Doki Doki levels of creepy.

Manaka: ...

(Y/N): Wanna talk about it?

Manaka: ...Later.

(Y/N): Right. Welp, I'm going to totally not set the subwoofers to another time and just go to sleep. *mutter* Man, so close. Would've been hilarious...

Manaka: Foreigner... (Y/N)?

(Y/N): Well, that's a first for you. What is it?

Manaka: Can you... Uh... Well...

(Y/N): *sigh* Yeah, yeah.

He suddenly produced a chaise-longue and placed it beside her bed. He sat down and grabbed another of his crossword puzzles.